Key Account Manager – Engineering Plastics
Home Based UK
Job ref: JE /54596
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
We are working with a manufacturer of specialist products who are looking to recruit a Key Account Manager to be responsible for the development and commercialisation of new projects and managing existing Key Accounts in the Automotive sector. To establish and maintain strong relationships at all levels across OEM’s, processors, specifiers and prospects. This role will be required to increase the project pipeline with a focus on key product lines, ensuring good communication between clients and the company internal support services.
Target and intended purpose
· To achieve the agreed sales / project / account objectives as defined annually by the Sales Manager.
· To identify, develop and commercialize new business typically via multiplication of successful existing or newly developed applications at new and existing clients.
· To visit the designated / new accounts on a regular basis.
Duties, Accountability and Responsibility:
· Responsible for organizing and planning face to face meetings with customers.
· Full account responsibility including but not limited to:
o Meeting / exceeding sales and margin targets.
o Increase and expand the scope of the application development pipeline.
o Maintaining and updating the CRM details for each account.
o Coordinating project work with your accounts and utilizing the EMS technical support teams to reach a positive conclusion.
o Maintaining the professional image of the company at all times.
o Increasing the depth of contacts at the client.
· Responsible for Regular updates of your accounts forecast volumes.
· Responsible for annual budgetary planning for your clients.
· Required to provide a written (summarized) monthly activity and market information report to the Sales Manager.
· Within the commercial framework set by the Sales Manager, negotiates the closing of a sale with customers.
· Organize and plan customer visits, including travel arrangements, to maximize best use of time.
· Develop account plans to ensure greater sustainable business growth.
· Value proposition development and improvement.
· Identify stakeholders and decision makers in the value chain persuading them the value of our proposal.
· Commercialization of targeted value propositions.
· Network building with the industry.
· Knowledge building and propagation of that knowledge within the global business.
Knowledge and Educational Level:
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology and / or business related field and / or relevant practical experience.
· Knowledge of the Automotive Manufacturing Industry, OEM and Tiers preferred.
· Knowledge of sales processes.
· Experience of project management as well as additional understanding of technical service and application development.
· Excellent communication and social skills.
· Good working knowledge of MS Office.
Required Level of Experience
· Minimum of 5 years relevant B2B experience in the field of sales and business development.
· Knowledge of Polymers (polyamides ideally), Injection moulding process, Injection mould design and / or product design (Polymer specific experience).
· Analytical with good judgement, business sense and problem solving skills.
· A strong negotiator able to identify customers’ needs and be persuasive when presenting ideas.
· A team player able to work independently.
· Creative with entrepreneurial tendencies.
· Relation builder with good social and networking skills
· Structured worker with good time management and project management ability.
To apply please contact Jane Edwards
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713