Head of Maintenance
Based in County Meath, Ireland
Job ref: AZ/57170
Listgrove is proud to be supporting a leading European manufacturer of a variety of virgin polymers, staple fibres and high quality polyester products from recycled post-consumer PET bottles.
The company has been in existence for over 40 years and is Europe’s largest PET recycler, processing in excess of 2.6 billion post-consumer PET bottles and leads the industry in the development of new fibre technologies
The business employs approximately 270 employees on a permanent basis, across a multitude of functions relating to fibre production and auxiliary support services. Unfortunately a steady flow of retirements over recent years from its loyal, dedicated and stable work force has created the challenge and an opportunity to recruit further people into the business.
Head of Maintenance Service Centre (MSC).
Reporting to the Operations Director the Head of MSC is responsible for planning, organising and directing the maintenance, repair and alteration of production related machinery, equipment, facilities and buildings.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
· Working independently under organizational guidelines to achieve business objectives
· Managing the MSC department and supervising the use of MOB capex funds.
· Utilisation of external resources is often required – such activities must comply with all HSEQ and applicable legal requirements while ensuring that work is completed efficiently and within regulatory guidelines and projected deadlines.
· A significant proportion of the person’s time will focus on creating and achieving the five year improvement plan for the Engineering function.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· In line with training and applicable procedures, conduct all duties in a way that promotes the company’s values, & best practice standards relating to health, safety, environmental & quality performance
· Role models the group’s core values at all times and can demonstrate use of core values to drive continuous improvement
· Develop long and short range maintenance plans/programs (e.g. emergency response plans, energy management plans, annual budget, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that resources are effectively utilized
· Directs projects (e.g. site repairs, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design and budget
· Inspects new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently; specifications for capital improvements are within all applicable regulations; and approves inspection reports and payment requests
· Continually monitors fund balances of assigned MOB capex programs and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed inclusive of securing three quotations for all purchasing activities
· Participates in external meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of gathering information on best maintenance practices
· Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving objectives within budget
· Presents information for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls
· Recommends acquisition of new hires, promotions and transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force
· Develop a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done in a timely and productive manner throughout the organisation
· Ensuring all maintenance performance measures are reached including; safety, availability, uptime, TCOM, Maintenance cost index etc. Intervening when needed to bring performance back within expectations
· Supports site business strategies, inclusive of succession planning and shift resource levels while ensuring personnel are organized appropriately so that optimum performance is achieved.
· Works with the Head of HR to develop flexibility in the organisation and to develop high potential talent within the engineering function for future higher level responsibilities.
· Drives a consistent team based approach across the engineering organisation ensuring open two way communication at all times. Drive team meetings, team problem solving, and continuous improvement initiatives across the MSC department.
· Manages people issues including absenteeism, return to work procedures, performance, management etc. in consultation with Human Resources
· Actively seeks and evaluates opportunities for automation, to reduce repetitive tasks, or technology to improve process control and energy consumption throughout site operations
· Work in collaboration with Plant Project Engineer to effectively allocate internal engineering resources to CAPEX projects, and ensure integration with current technical and civil landscape
· This position requires a relevant third level qualification in an Engineering discipline with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with considerable exposure to the engineering function. Previous experience in managing an Engineering function is a must.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills are essential including judgement in decision making. The successful candidate must have the ability and be able to demonstrate openness and willingness to invent new organizational structures, procedures and technology to drive continuous improvement.
· The individual must have proven leadership attributes, be able to demonstrate their ability to manage teams, provide coaching and feedback in order to champion change.
· Must have the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels within the business and wider group. Be able to drive vision to create an inclusive culture of performance, continuous improvement and development underpinned by proven methodologies such as Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, FMEA and 6S. Training will be provided in these methodologies if not already obtained.
· Expert knowledge in all aspects of Engineering is important coupled with strong business and commercial acumen.
· The successful candidate must be a good communicator with strong verbal, written and computer skills enabling them to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders.
· The ability to work under one’s own initiative together with good leadership, scheduling, budget and resource management skills is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, energetic and versatile individual to join a highly successful Company.
If you wish to apply for this position and have further details, please email your full CV and salary information to:
To apply please contact Andy Zanin
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713