Vacancy: Service Engineer
Following a major expansion in extrusion machinery sales, Xtrutech are looking for an experienced Service Engineer. The candidate must have a broad experience in the service industry. Knowledge in mechanical, electrical engineering and software experience is essential. Key factors are self-motivation and the competence to work unsupervised.
About the role
• Breakdown & Scheduled service work – UK & Rest of the World.
• Commissioning of machinery at customer sites – UK & Rest of the World.
• Depot repairs – both mechanical and electrical.
• Some pre-delivery testing / commissioning of machinery at Xtrutech.
• Phone and video service / support to customers and Xtrutech engineers.
• Contribute to the delivery of the customers satisfaction and provide market information for business development, new sales and products.
• Adhere to and comply with the company’s Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies.
• Consistently deliver high standards of workmanship.
• Developing customer relationships.
• Perform other duties as required to assist in the efficient running of the company.
• Time served experienced mechanical / electrical engineer.
• Software programming knowledge & experience.
• A logical, analytical, and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis.
• Working with close tolerance components is essential.
• Highly organized and conscientious with a keen eye for detail.
• Capable of working independently or in a team and able to coordinate with others to meet targets and deadlines.
• Willingness to travel to global destinations if required for machine commissioning, start-ups, and service visits.
• The ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
• Be willing to respond to customers unscheduled events in a rapid and efficient manner.
• Competent IT user (incl. MS Office).
• Be able to provide customer ‘hands on’ training.
• Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing working schedules.
• Able to work solo and as a team player.
• Contribute in an innovative and incisive manner to the business.
• Attending and positively participating in training and development initiatives.
• Ability to diagnose faults and complete repairs, replacing components as required.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Ensuring the customers always receives the highest levels of customer service.
• To ensure compliance with sustainability processes, quality management system, safety procedures, accountancy policies.
• Proactively participating in the full development cycle.
• Providing a timely, polite, and efficient service.
• Playing a key role in the wider Service Engineer team, providing colleague support as required.
Applications now closed