Junior Sales Engineer
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
Xtrutech are looking for a Junior Sales Engineer to join our UK sales team. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales in both the UK and Ireland, reporting to our Regional Sales Manager. The role will involve selling Twin Screw Extrusion Equipment, Spare Parts, and Services. Xtrutech work with a variety of industries including powder coating, plastics, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. The ideal candidate has an interest in engineering and has studied Mechanical/Electrical or Chemical Engineering. Sales experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Core focus is to be responsible for the UK & Ireland sales, selling Twin Screw Extruders, spare parts, services, and capital machinery to a broad range of industries.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers through regular planned contact and visits.
- Targeting new customers across the UK and Ireland.
- Creating quotations and completing orders.
- Ensuring that there is good communication with team members and clear information is provided on customer requirements.
- In conjunction with sales team colleagues negotiate solutions with customers, taking account of pricing, project parameters and timescales.
- Sales reporting – monthly and via Salesforce CRM.
- Be close to the market in terms of new business opportunities and competition.
- Create opportunities through the use of market knowledge, trade associations and network of contacts.
Note: Training will be given in relation to the above criteria for the right, motivated candidate with the willingness to learn and develop.
- Able to work with purpose
- Willing to learn and grow
- Able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional manner
- Clear in communication both internally and externally
- Able to demonstrate patience and understanding
- Able to have the ability to “read” customers
- Able to go the extra mile to be engaging to customers
- Open to training and education relating to commercial terms and up-selling
- Self-starter and organizer to maximize effectiveness in the market
- Passionate, energetic, and self-motivated with strong levels of commitment to fulfilling business objectives
- Prepared to travel as required around the UK and Ireland and possibly internationally.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to ‘think outside the box’ and consult with customers to achieve best solution.
- Financially numerate/analytical
- An excellent communicator with inter-personal skills
- Good networker developing range of contacts in customers
- Team player
This job description cannot be exhaustive and, therefore, you may be requested to perform other duties to those detailed above.
To apply for this job please visit www.xtrutech.com.