Experienced Service Engineer
Xtrutech’s main business is in the supply of spare parts (e.g. screw elements, shafts and barrels) to diverse industries (e.g. plastics, chemicals, food, pharmaceutical, powder coatings) and the manufacture of twin screw extrusion machinery to the powder coating industry. The latter represents the greatest growth opportunity for Xtrutech in terms of sales value. Manufacturing is currently achieved through subcontracted partners, but the company is also looking into creating some manufacturing capability in-house. Customers include well-known companies like Akzo Nobel and specialist businesses such as Axalta.
Vacancy: Service Engineer
Following a major expansion in extrusion machinery sales, Xtrutech are looking for an experienced Service Engineer. The candidate must have a broad experience in the service industry. Knowledge in mechanical, electrical engineering and software experience is essential. Key factors are self-motivation and the competence to work unsupervised.
About the role
• Breakdown & Scheduled service work – UK & Rest of the World.
• Commissioning of machinery at customer sites – UK & Rest of the World.
• Depot repairs – both mechanical and electrical.
• Some pre-delivery testing / commissioning of machinery at Xtrutech.
• Phone and video service / support to customers and Xtrutech engineers.
• Contribute to the delivery of the customers satisfaction and provide market information for business development, new sales and products.
• Adhere to and comply with the company’s Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies.
• Consistently deliver high standards of workmanship.
• Developing customer relationships.
• Perform other duties as required to assist in the efficient running of the company.
• Time served experienced mechanical / electrical engineer.
• Software programming knowledge & experience.
• A logical, analytical, and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis.
• Working with close tolerance components is essential.
• Highly organized and conscientious with a keen eye for detail.
• Capable of working independently or in a team and able to coordinate with others to meet targets and deadlines.
• Willingness to travel to global destinations if required for machine commissioning, start-ups, and service visits.
• The ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
• Be willing to respond to customers unscheduled events in a rapid and efficient manner.
• Competent IT user (incl. MS Office).
• Be able to provide customer ‘hands on’ training.
• Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing working schedules.
• Able to work solo and as a team player.
• Contribute in an innovative and incisive manner to the business.
• Attending and positively participating in training and development initiatives.
• Ability to diagnose faults and complete repairs, replacing components as required.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Ensuring the customers always receives the highest levels of customer service.
• To ensure compliance with sustainability processes, quality management system, safety procedures, accountancy policies.
• Proactively participating in the full development cycle.
• Providing a timely, polite, and efficient service.
• Playing a key role in the wider Service Engineer team, providing colleague support as required.
Applications now closed