Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the position will require the successful candidate to:
· Perform and develop quality control tests to support Production and Sales functions.
· Support technical investigations for existing and new customers.
· Produce New Product Development masterbatch and compound, film and moulded samples.
· Produce small lot customer masterbatch orders.
· Assist with and perform technical support to customer, and Production and Sales functions.
This role would be suitable for a person interested in the science and processing of polymer-based materials. It is anticipated that the successful candidate would be qualified to a minimum of A-level/BTEC (or similar) in appropriate subjects, or a recent graduate qualified in Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemistry or related discipline. An enthusiastic willingness to learn and ability to work both independently and within a team would be essential requirements for the role.
It is not essential but would however be advantageous to candidates to have experience of a laboratory environment with exposure to polymers and polymer additives. However, a structured training program would be provided to the right candidate in order to develop their knowledge and skills within the specialised area of additive masterbatch development and production, involving processes such as twin-screw compounding, injection moulding and blown film and analytical techniques such as spectroscopy, thermal analysis, rheometry and microscopy.
Applications now closed