Head of Procurement
This position is responsible for ensuring that Wellman has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods and services. He/she will be responsible for ensuring all materials, supplies and services are acquired in the most efficient and cost effective manner to the company.
The objective is to execute strategies to obtain the maximum value for money, measured through the delivery of cost savings.
As Head of Procurement you will report directly to the Operations Director.
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Lead and mentor a team of Purchasing Officers and an embedded service provider – responsible for procurement of all raw and essential materials including materials for satellite plants in France and Holland.
· Represent the company on the Indorama Regional Procurement Best Practice Team.
· Optimise relationships with suppliers to balance cost, quality and terms of payment.
· Visit suppliers, keep abreast of technical changes
· Optimise material stock levels to ensure availability and keep low levels of working capital at the same time.
· Manage inbound transportation in line with manufacturing site storage capacities and production forecast.
· Work closely with R&D to drive company initiatives with respect to new product development as the company continues to grow and expand.
· Renegotiate agreements with existing suppliers and leverage the strengths of being part of a large global organization in doing so while adhering to policies and procedures.
· Develop methodology and strategies to automate procurement processes – ERP, MRP where possible.
· Improve utilization of controls around key areas of spending.
· Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels and material shortage elimination.
· To proactively promote the image of the company and contribute to continuous improvement
· All other duties as required from time to time by the Operations Director.
This position requires a person with strong negotiation skills and also extensive purchasing experience including experience in sourcing in low cost countries.
He/she must have a minimum of 10 years years’ commercial experience in an industrial manufacturing business with a minimum of at least 5 years experience in the Plastics/Polymer industry.
The successful candidate must be a good communicator with good verbal and written communication skills enabling them to work co-operatively and effectively to establish and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers at all levels.
The person appointed ideally should possess a broad understanding and knowledge of up-to-date materials management practices. Strong business acumen along with the ability to manage risk is an important skill required for the role.
Candidates must also be prepared to travel on a regular basis as part of this job.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, energetic and versatile individual to join a highly successful Company.
Candidates may be required to complete an aptitude test as part of the screening process.
Applications now closed