Job ref: TCPDEJ21
Surface Generation is a world leader in the provision of fiber reinforced composite processing solutions to the Aerospace, Automotive, Research and Consumer Electronics sectors. The company’s patented PtFS technology reduces OEM, Tier 1 and Material Supplier cycle times and energy consumption by over 90%. Surface Generation is a dynamic and rapidly growing, innovative business with a truly game changing offering with some of the world’s most prestigious blue chip engineering businesses as clients.
As part of our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced and hands on Design Engineer to be responsible for the design, development and analysis of tooling and heating / cooling systems for the composite sector. You will extensive experience that covers design, drawing and compiling bills of materials (BOM) together with assembly fixture knowledge, and you must be creative and disciplined in order to complete projects on time and within scope, and be able to add value to the team quickly.
- Support Business Development through the generation of design concepts at the bidding stage
- Determining optimum design solutions against customer specification
- Undertaking design tasks in accordance with programme time and budget constraints
- Presentation of designs at internal / external design reviews
- Generation of design reports to support component qualification and certification
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Excellent SolidWorks experience.
- Ability to cost and finish projects on budget and within timescale.
- Technical qualification to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, e.g. mechanical engineering
- Injection moulding experience and knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of tolerances for design and manufacture
- Proven relationship management, as this role will deal with clients and suppliers regularly
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Proven track record in performing analysis using Solidworks Simulation
- Tool Design
We are looking for someone with the planning and communication skills to make a real contribution to complex engineering projects and to help create the next generation of composite technology.
Surface Generation offer extremely competitive salaries from £37.5k to £47.5k per annum depending on skills and experience, in addition to 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and an invigorating and innovative working environment.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant reference number in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications now closed