Job ref: SC22-5183
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
On behalf of our client, a successful rubber moulding manufacturer, we are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
**Potential to step-up to Management position for the right candidate**
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer your will be required to work on general engineering breakdowns on rubber manufacturing machinery along with all associated ancillary equipment
- As a Maintenance Engineer, you will have strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of manufacturing machinery as well as robots, automated systems and assembly lines.
- It is essential that candidates MUST have 16th or 17th or 18th Edition Wiring regulations certification
- Flexibility for occasional overtime is required: starting up the machines in the morning / closing up the plant at the end of the day
- This is an excellent opportunity offering job security and satisfaction for the successful applicant of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer post.
- Ensure the day to day maintenance is carried out on all equipment, including C Frame Injection Presses from 5 tons to 40tons and Compression Moulding Presses up to 500 tons
- Deal with breakdowns as and when they arise and in line with production priorities
- Ensure all ancillary equipment is kept in safe working order, carrying out maintenance/repairs as required.
- Order spares/parts as required (using the companies purchasing procedure) to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- Carry out general day to day maintenance of both factory and office buildings, car parks and yard areas.
- Ensure compliance with insurance and health & safety regulations.
- Support the testing of the fire alarm on a regular basis and records kept
- Carry out responsibilities listed under Fire Procedure
- Maintain the clean room facilities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Support in the installation of new equipment and services
Key Skills & Experience:
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will ideally have current or prior experience with maintaining or servicing Rubber Moulding, Thermoplastic and Rubber Injection Moulding machines, however this is not essential and other industries will be considered.
- 16th or 17th or 18th Edition Wiring regulations certificate essential
- You must have good electrical investigation and repair experience
- You will have a good mechanical application and experience / working understanding with hydraulics and/or pneumatics
- You will have good clear communication skills for interacting with your team and other department Managers.
- It is expected that you will have good IT skills with MS Office & Word
Key Words: “Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Electrical Maintenance Engineer”, “Electro-mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Rubber Moulding”, “Rubber”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to Katie.email@example.com.