Job ref: BPF22-5211
Production Operator X9
Job Overview: On behalf of our client; an established plastic injection moulding company, we are looking to recruit enthusiastic machine operators with the ambition to be trained as an Injection Moulding Setter.
- This position will suit a young and ambitious engineering or manufacturing professional with the drive to become a skilled injection moulding setter / technician through the company’s comprehensive training and development program.
- You will be joining a successful, established, industry leader who are investing heavily in staff and offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to develop within the business.
- Excellent career prospects available with a structured scheme in place that can enable progress to become a qualified injection moulding setter as well as other opportunities created by the size and growth of the business.
- As a Production Operator you will be responsible for the safe operation of moulding machines and associated equipment.
- In the role of Production Operator, you will plan for production changes by ensuring they have all of the relevant tools, materials and equipment for the next change over.
- In the role of Production Operator, you will be required to accurately check, weigh and pack mouldings to ensure quality, labelling and quantity meets correct standards and customer requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to respond to Red Lights to maintain maximum machine utilisation.
- Ensure that machines are in a clean and tidy manner suitable and safe for colleagues.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping at all times.
- Actively seek to minimise scrap through process improvements in part handling, ensuring that all scrap is recorded on Mattec.
- Use the Mattec Monitoring System to monitor machine performance and work schedules to reduce machine downtime.
- The successful Production Operator candidate will work closely with Shift Setters and Technical Supervisors.
- Observe company Health& Safety policy and all company rules.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Willingness to learn new skills and progress
- Effective team worker
- Flexible attitude in carrying out different types of work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude is essential
Key Words: “Material Handler”, “Machine Operator”, “Injection Moulding”, “Plastics”, “Material Controller”, “Production Operator” “Injection Moulding Operator”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.