Job ref: BPF22-5206
Job Overview: Our client, an industry leading injection moulding manufacturer, are looking for a HSE Manager to join their team.
- Site lead for all Health, Safety and Environmental matters and an integral member of the leadership team.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving HSE management systems and driving adherence to external as well as internal standards.
- Responsible for defining and guiding the HSE improvement strategy of the site as well as execution of improvement projects and activities.
- Undertake such training as required by your Supervisor or Manager and to assist in the training of others.
- Coach and guide the leadership team/ other managers to improve / develop management styles and behaviours to improve the safety culture on site, while acting as a role model
- Ensure compliance to HSE regulations via robust systems and procedures.
- Develop and define health, Safety and environmental policies.
- Identify the training needs of members of the team, ensuring improvement in safety performance on site, employee engagement and reduction in risk to all employees.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with teams, supervisors and other work-based contacts.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of product and service quality.
- Ensure that your actions and the actions of other individuals do not compromise the legal requirements and safety standards.
- Perform your duties in accordance with the Company Manual and other departmental documentation, such as Work Instructions or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure risk assessments are completed / maintained in line with a defined schedule
- Full root cause analysis using appropriate investigation techniques on all significant incidents (first aid, recordable, lost time incidents, fires etc).
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the policies set out in the Company Rule Book.
- Comply and ensure that your staff comply with the requirements placed on you/them by the Safety Management System and the Environmental Management System.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A proactive approach to regular interaction with other departmental teams.
- Previous exposure to Health, Safety and Environmental process and policies within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong up to date knowledge of UK HSE legislation
Key Words: “HSE Manager, “SHEQ Manager”, “Quality Manager”, “Customer Quality Engineer”, “manufacturing”, “injection moulding”, plastics, “lean manufacturing”, “hi-volume manufacturing”, NEBOSH, IOSH, “Health & Safety”
Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.