Job ref: BPF22-5200
Job Overview: Working alongside our client, an award winning manufacturer of injection mouldings, vacuum forming and extrusions, we are looking to appoint a QHSE Manager to join their established and successful team.
- As QHSE Manager you will have the ability to drive quality and compliance through the business whilst ensuring the highest industry standards are met.
- As QHSE Manager you will have had a solid and steady career history as a Health & Safety professional with working knowledge of Quality and Environment standards.
- You will have proven experience with managing quality systems, ISO legislation as well quality tools SPC, 8D, PPAP, APQP along with good customer interface.
- This is an integral role within the business
- This role encompasses the full spectrum of quality engineering & HSE management responsibilities including industry accreditation compliance standards and the overall management of product quality control disciplines across the business
- This is a great for an individual looking to work for a growing and stable company who put their people at the forefront of the company.
- Would suit someone who is a Senior Quality Engineer role at present looking to take the next career step or currently in a QM / QHSE Manager
- Ideally looking for applicants with a NEBOSH Diploma, but candidates with a NEBOSH certificate will be considered, and the company will fund further training to diploma.
- Maintain and develop quality accreditations and ensure continues compliance with ISO9001, 45001 and 14001 standards
- Effectively interact with Production and Engineering teams to maintain product supply, and assist with New Product Introduction
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation
- Continuous review of control manuals, ensuring up to date and reflective of working practices.
- Bringing together staff of difference disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive procedures
- Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA/QC.
- Hosting external auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action for compliance with specifications
- Define, support the development of and update KPI’s used to monitor quality performance
- Organise and manage quality assurance function
- Identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities for all shop floor staff in line with ISO9001guidline
- This is a hands-on, sleeves-rolled up role
- Experienced Quality professional with good documentation management skills is essential
- Good exposure to FMEA’s, 8D, NPI, PPAP, APQP
- 3-5 years prior experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong up to date knowledge of UK HSE legislation
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers, suppliers or distributors
- Experience in Continuous improvement methodology
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal oral communication skills
- Strong IT Skills – Microsoft Office, Excel etc
- Passion and alignment with the company’s mission, vision, values & operating principles
- Experience in quality management systems & quality system audits
- Desire to own decision and take responsibilities for outcomes
- Excellent inter-personal and customer facing skills.
- Strategic with a sound logical approach to problem solving
- Must be hands-on / sleeves roles up with necessary confidence for liaisons with other team managers
Key Words: “QHSE Manager”, “HSE Manager, “SHEQ Manager”, “Quality Manager”, “Senior Quality Engineer”, “Quality Assurance Engineer” “Quality Leader” “Quality Engineer”, “Customer Quality Engineer”, “manufacturing”, “injection moulding”, plastics, “lean manufacturing”, “hi-volume manufacturing”, NEBOSH, “Health & Safety”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.