Job ref: BPF22-5217
Technical Sales Engineer – Midlands & East UK territories
Job Overview: Retained by our customer, a leading & established plastic injection moulding machine supplier, as part of succession planning they are seeking an experience Sales Engineer to work within the injection moulding industry covering the Midlands & East UK corridor.
Ideal applicants: Interested candidates must have good Technical Sales / Commercial experience within either plastic injection moulding industry (mould machine tools or ancillaries or technical products), a plastics industry discipline / product portfolio ( plastics packaging, extrusion moulding, compression moulding, blow moulding, robots for example ) or other capital equipment disciplines ( for example robots, CNC equipment or special purpose processing equipment ) Full Injection moulding machine tool training will be provided to the successful applicant on a continual basis in UK & European HQ’s and OEM facilities.
JOB’S OVERALL OBJECTIVE – Sales Engineer
To promote the company’s product portfolio in the geographical area by regular visits to all customers in the designated area.
To also assist in other areas whenever called upon.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES – Sales Engineer
- To assist existing and win new customers for the company’s equipment portfolio in the area of responsibility.
- To support and promote all company activities designed to increase machine and robot sales, together with the company’s digital systems.
- To create and maintain detailed reports via Navision of customers, both existing and potential, in conjunction with the office-based systems.
- Frequent and regular reported visits to all customers, as required.
- Systematically plan every week to ensure that the maximum number of telephone calls, email communications and visits are completed on time.
- Personal company files to be maintained to the highest order.
- To maintain a good and productive working relationship with all colleagues throughout the company’s organisation.
- You are required, wherever possible, to prepare and submit quotations to customers to specific requirements and to establish/calculate all necessary technical data required to support the customer’s enquiry for machinery and associated equipment.
DIMENSIONS OF JOB
To the best of his/her ability, to achieve the sales target as discussed and set out with the company and to work within an operational budget.
GENERAL – Sales Engineer
- To carry out the tasks as assigned by the Managing Director/Sales Director in a flexible and efficient manner within the interests of the company at all times.
- With the aid of the laptop to undertake direct communications with customers, UK sales office and departments at European Group HQ.
- To be available for training both in-house, Europe Group HQ and external locations.
- A full and valid driving license to be maintained at all times.
- With the aid of in-house and external training, to ensure computer literacy and knowledge of machine technology and processes will be attained and regularly updated.
- You must notify the company if you have any solicitation clauses in your existing contact of employment that might affect your ability to undertake all the roles described within this document.
- Ideally the candidate should live centrally within the sales area territories, ideally within 1 hour of the Midlands / East UK corridor.
Key Words: “injection moulding”, “blow moulding”, “CNC machine tools”, “mould machine tools”, “extrusion moulding”, “compression moulding”, “plastics packaging”, robots, ancillaries, “Sales Engineer”, Sales Manager”, “BD Manager”, “technical sales”, “Key Account Manager”, “Commercial Manager”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid UK working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.