Job ref: SC22-5270
Working alongside our client, a leading injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking to appoint a Quality Manager to join their established and successful team.
- As a Quality Manager you will have the ability to drive quality and compliance through the business whilst ensuring the highest industry standards are met.
- As a Quality Manager you will be responsible for managing and organising the accreditation and audit functions in support of all business system approvals. These include, but are not limited to, ISO9001, IATF 16949, AS9100, ISO18001/45001 and ISO14001.
- This is a senior & integral role within the business and therefore man-management experience is essential.
- This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to work for a growing and stable company who put their people at the forefront of the company.
- In the role of Quality Manager, you will be required to ensure methods of control for all site activities meet or exceed expectations of our customers and the company quality approvals.
- As Quality Manager you will ensure that, through effective audit and communication, site activities are monitored and improved in line with world class expectations.
- In the role of Quality Manager, you must ensure effective practices and processes are in place to comply with company quality standards and to satisfy accreditation and stakeholder requirements.
- Communicate and work with customers and regulatory visitors / assessors to ensure ongoing conformity and control.
- To provide competent advice on Quality related activities. To carry out ‘deep dive’ investigations into all major quality concerns to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Define and justify departmental budget and monitor departmental spend.
- Ensure that all business systems and procedures are updated, revised, modified and controlled to meet the needs of external customers, certification bodies or internal nonconformity.
- Design and Implementation of appropriate controls for production and service-related activities on site to ensure both compliance vs. product / system approvals and zero defects being shipped.
- Coach and develop staff to ensure a high performing quality system & team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, adds value and facilitates continuous improvements.
- Provide technical expertise to the team, transferring skills and knowledge to the quality and wider management team.
- Manage audit resources and activities for all on-site and supplier audits to maintain / improve product and process performance.
- Ensure employees within area of responsibility are adequately trained and developed.
- Review and define requirements of customer, legislative and accreditation systems, ensuring updates of business systems and responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 Years as a Quality Manager in a manufacturing Environment
- Experience of managing ISO9001, ISO14001, IATF16949 & AS9100
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent knowledge of injection moulding manufacturing processes
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills
- Full driving licence
- Lead Auditor Qualification (ideally, IATF16949, AS9100)
- IOSH: Managing Safely (Preferred)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
Key Words: “Quality Manager”, “Senior Quality Engineer”, “Quality Assurance Engineer” “Quality Leader” Quality Engineer”, “Customer Quality Engineer”, “manufacturing”, “injection moulding”, plastics, “ “lean manufacturing”, “hi-volume manufacturing”,
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org.