Job ref: BPF22-5212
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Job Overview: Working exclusively alongside our client, a leading injection moulding manufacturer we are looking for an Electrically biased Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
- The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role is a mix of reactive maintenance and planned preventative maintenance (PPM) in a high-volume manufacturing facility covering all areas of one site
- The facility has a wide range of machinery including robotics and control systems
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to work on all general engineering breakdowns on plastic injection moulding manufacturing machinery along with all associated ancillary equipment.
- You will be responsible for carrying out improvement work to machines when needed, as well as supporting the maintenance of the facility, including undertaking general maintenance activities across all aspects of the site.
- Raise purchase orders as required, to purchase tools and equipment to undertake the maintenance required, conversing with suppliers to understand the best product for the job.
- Completing all necessary paperwork as defined by the Company Quality Management System.
- You will have strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of manufacturing machinery.
- The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will manage maintenance stock of supplies and equipment, ensuring stock is available, where applicable to react to and fix breakdowns in a timely fashion
- This is an excellent & rewarding post for an enthusiastic Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and a company that places their people at the forefront of the company.
Expectations / experience:
- Have experience within an injection moulding manufacturing environment.
- Electrical and mechanical background
- Understanding of reading blueprints and system schematics.
- Knowledge of equipment safety systems and processes
- Diligent and able to work to deadlines.
- Logic fault-finding & problem-solving skills
- Experience of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Experience of reactive maintenance
- Troubleshooting problems on various types of equipment
- Experience in general building and facilities maintenance
- You will have good clear communication skills
- NVQ 3 in Engineering Maintenance (Electrical)
- Able to lift up to 25kg
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and 13485
- Computer literate, and able to use MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Full Driving licence, as you will Drive the Company van to collect parts or equipment as required
- Experience of injection moulding machines up to 550 tonne
- Understanding and experience of 6-axis robotics
- Previous use of tool room equipment
- Experience of hot runner systems
Key Words: “Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Electrical Maintenance Engineer”, “Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Technician”, “Injection Moulding”, “Plastics”, “manufacturing”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.