Job ref: SC22-5233
Our client, an established injection moulding Toolmaker / Mould Tool designer have retained our services to search for a Toolmaker to join their talented team.
After the recent expansion of their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, including tool room with CADCAM software integration, our client, with a wealth of knowledge in precision engineering, mould tool manufacture and injection moulding, has been able to continue investing in new machinery as well as their workforce.
With clients all over the UK from a multitude of industries, they are renowned for their impeccable results and turnaround times. Backed by their ISO 9001:2015 accreditation, this is an exciting opportunity offering job security, to join an expanding business who will continue to advance in their sector and plans for steady growth to remain at the forefront of the UK manufacturing industry.
- As a Toolmaker you will be responsible for the Manufacture and modification of Injection mould tools ranging from 0.5 Kg to 2 Tonne in weight, in a modern and well equipped toolroom, with Hurco machining centres, Sodick Wire eroders, Sodick CNC Spark eroders, Jones & Shipman surface grinders.
- You will be involved with in-house design using Pro Engineer and CAM programming using Powermill
- You will be responsible for modification & repair, as well as Manufacture, fitting and preparing new injection mould tools for Production
- The Toolmaker will make use of manual milling machines, lathes, surface and cylindrical grinders, manual and CNC spark eroders and have use of a CNC wire eroder, as well as using hand tools such as files, hacksaws and grinders
- Toolmakers are responsible for wiring of Hot runner systems and fault finding
- You must have experience of Maintenance, repair and modification of Injection Mould Tools in a well-equipped modern tool room, and high precision machining
- You should understand and have experience of fitting and assembly of complex mould tools including their repair
- Previous experience of Manufacturing Injection Mould Tools, using the latest technology in a newly fitted out toolroom would be a distinct advantage
- Have the ability to work to tight time scales without compromising quality and safety
- Experience in general toolmaking, manual milling, turning, grinding, EDM Wire and spark erosion and fitting.
- CNC Machining experience an advantage
Key Words: “Tooling Technician”, “Tool maker”, Toolmaker, “Mould Tooling”, “Tooling Maintenance”, ”Tooling Engineer”, “Tool Design”, “injection moulding”, “CNC”, “Die Casting”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications that meet the requirements of our client job brief. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK job positions work seekers must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics, Packaging & Precision Engineering
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to Katie.email@example.com.