Job ref: BPF22-5203
Job Overview: Working alongside our client, an established plastic packaging manufacturer, we are looking for a Cell Leader to join their team.
- As a Cell Leader you will be required to oversee a team of Assembly Operators, taking full responsibility to ensure production plans are adhered to, allowing the smooth running of production, maintaining the cell at the required efficiencies and achieving targets set
- As a Cell Leader you will be a confident communicator with proven leadership skills
- You will be responsible for housekeeping within the cell and maintaining a safe working environment
- This is a permanent night position, Monday-Friday.
- This is an excellent opportunity to secure a position with a secure and stable company who can offer both job satisfaction and stability
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensuring safety checks for the department are completed to schedule.
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed as required.
- All aspects of setting and running moulding machines to maximise the output of quality product.
- Job changes including colour, material and label changes.
- Quality checks and minimising waste.
- Support collection of performance data.
- Fault finding and process improvements.
- Run improvement projects in the cell.
- Prevent damage to equipment/breakdowns through good working practice and basic Preventive maintenance.
- Ensuring the housekeeping with the cell is to the correct quality standard.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for themselves and others in the cell.
- Tool changes when required.
- Training/development of Cell Assistants
- Holiday cover for tool change team.
- Communicate any departments issues / problems to management
- Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals
- Supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, ideally from a similar injection moulding environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing would be highly beneficial
- Technically minded, able to assist with Tool changes when required
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good communication & leadership skills
Key Words: “Cell Leader”, “Production Planner”, “Production Supervisor”, “Injection moulding”, “Production Leader”, “Shift Manager”, “Manufacturing”, “Electrical Engineering”, “Assembly””, “Team Leader”, “Setter Supervisor”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.