Job ref: SC22-5290
We have been tasked by our client, an established injection moulding manufacturer to recruit a Quality Engineer to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer who is keen to join a stable, forward-thinking company.
- The ideal Quality Engineer will ideally have previous experience within a similar role within an automotive manufacturing environment, as well as having excellent planning and organisation skills, be a strong problem solver and excellent communication.
- The role of Quality Engineer will be able to manage and resolve customer related incidents, whilst ensuring best practices to satisfy internal and external Customer’s requirements.
- As Quality Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring smooth introduction of new projects and design/process changes. This is crucial to be delivered on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- In the role of Quality Engineer, you are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects within the group in terms of both quality / customer satisfaction and profitability.
- As Quality Engineer you are required to support the quality department relating to the manufactured, assembled and supplied product.
- Liaise with internal suppliers to improve quality of delivered product internal audit systems, products and processes.
- Ensure that that all aspects of the assigned projects are progressed to meet all cost and timing objectives.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is available for sign off when handing over to Production.
- Timely completion and submission of 8D reports to customers.
- Compiling PPAP and APQP documentation.
- Engineering and Quality related Customer liaison.
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the senior management team.
- Previous experience in injection mould/press tool making/machining environment.
- A working knowledge of IATF16949:2016 system requirements
- Knowledge of plastic materials and mould tooling.
- Experience of working within the automotive manufacturing industry as a Quality Engineering Professional.
- Experience in the use of tools and processes for auditing to Quality and Environmental standards (ISO9001 / IATF16949 & ISO14001).
- Practical experience in an automotive engineering, tier one customer-supplier working environment.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Management
- Fully PC literate with Microsoft Packages
- A genuine passion for Quality
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate dedication in keeping both internal and external customers engaged in achieving quality standards.
- Confidence to interact with Customers, Suppliers and Internal Stake holders.
- Strong motivation and resilience
- Work with structured problem solving techniques (Global 8D)
- Self-motivated – able to work on your own as required.
- Team player – keep colleagues and customers informed.
- Relationship building – able to build/maintain/develop relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Work well under pressure.
Key Words: “Quality Engineer”, “QE” “Quality Engineering”, “Senior Quality Engineer”, “Quality Technician”, “NPI Engineer”, “Injection Moulding”, “IATF16949”, “ISO14001”, “ISO9001”, “PPAP”, “Automotive”, “Continuous improvement”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.