Job ref: BPF22-5205
Job Overview: Our client, a market leading specialist injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for an ambitious Sales Engineer to join their team to support continued company growth.
Note: The company will consider applicants who reside within a 1-hour drive of their Essex plant with an opportunity to split working from home / work from plant.
- As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for identifying, developing and generating business enquiries & sales leads to aid in driving company growth.
- The company specialise in the design, manufacture and assembly of chrome plated injection moulding components for the several key markets including automotive OEMs, white goods, sanitary, signage, packaging and many more.
- The right Sales Engineer candidate will demonstrate a good understanding of injection moulding processes and tooling.
- The successful Sales Engineer candidate must be willing to travel extensively throughout the country.
- The Sales Engineer will be responsible for assisting in managing and growing the company’s sales.
- In the role of Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying prospects, obtaining enquiries and presenting customer requirements to the team to consider for quotations to be raised.
- Carrying out sales visits to current and prospective customers
- Identify, contact and qualify new sales prospects
- Maintain regular contact and a strong relationship through providing support to existing customers
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Keep accurate records of customers, tracking enquiry leads.
- Represent the company at meetings called for by customers.
- Attend trade shows.
- A strong technical understanding and experience of injection moulding.
- Experience of chrome plating beneficial but full training will be provided.
- Experience in business-to-business sales in a technical field (B2B).
- The right candidate needs to have some business and commercial awareness.
- Negotiation skills.
- A professional manner is essential, both face to face and via telephone/email.
- Self-motivated, reliable and must be able to work unsupervised.
- The right personality and the sales experience are absolutely keys to the success of this important role within the company group.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior decision makers.
- Capable of reading CAD drawings.
- A strong team player with the ability to work to own initiative.
Key Words: “Sales Engineer” “Sales Manager” “Technical Sales Engineer” “Technical Sales” “Business Development” “Sales” “Injection Moulding” “Plastics”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.