Job ref: BPF22-5202
Job Overview: Exclusively working alongside our client, a manufacturer of injection moulded components we are looking to appoint an experienced Quality Engineer to join their successful team.
The company: An established family owned plastics manufacturing Trade Moulder with an excellent work ethos for meeting customer demand and delivering realistic & precision engineered product deliverables, this company pride themselves with empowering & nurturing their staff whilst investing in modern state-of-the-art automation, integrating with their primary injection mould machines with secondary materials handling, 6 axis robots assembly cells & ancillaries for promoting JIT and LEAN processes and optimising efficiencies and best working practices. Having recently achieved the BEST Moulding Processor in the UK achievement, it is a testament to their technical & engineering strengths and customer service that merits them as one of the UK’s best mould manufacturing SME’s and deemed a great place to work and progress your career.
- As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring their products fully meet their customer requirements whilst conforming to all relevant standards and regulations.
- You will possess a continuous improvement mindset to challenge and continually improve quality standards, as well as have exceptional communication skills as you will be required to liaise with external suppliers and customers.
- The Quality Engineer will be responsible for organising the Quality/Supervisor office, using 5S techniques to house and home all equipment used to validate the quality of manufactured products
- You will assist with the development of existing systems to make information easier to find, ensuring all relevant quality documents and paperless drawing systems are linked to Epicor (ERP)
- The Quality Engineer will work to reduce the number of customer complaints in secondary operations, using 5S techniques on the processes and their associated environments to standardise methods and equipment across all wire winding bays and developing teams to assess and standardise workflow patterns
- You will analyse customer complaints and trends to reduce/eradicate issues through poke yoke techniques, use of root cause analysis and 8D reports
- This is a great opportunity for a Quality Engineer looking to join a company that place their employees at the forefront of their thinking and values customer quality.
- Our client is a vibrant and busy manufacturer supplying to key markets, and subsequently require a smart and professional Quality professional with good organisational, communication and attention to detail skills.
- Must be mechanically minded and have good experience within either plastic injection moulding production or plastics or packaging or steel production but MUST HAVE experience within hi-volume manufacturing.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA and Cap studies
- Ability to read component drawings and use all methods of measuring instruments accurately
- Organised individual with good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers on a regular basis
- Project management experience would be beneficial but not essential
Key Words: “Quality Engineer”, “QE”, “Quality Technician”, “Quality Systems Engineer”, “Senior Quality Engineer”, “Quality Leader”, “Plastics”, “Injection Moulding”, “Audits”, “CMM”, “Metrology”, “QMS” “Continuous Improvement”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.