Job ref: SC21-5093
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Our client, an established global packaging solutions business, has retained our services to source a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with strong experience to join their expanding team and support continued business growth.
- The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will join a secure and forward-thinking company at a time where it continues to expand its manufacturing operations.
- In the role of Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to conduct all mechanical maintenance work on plastics manufacturing machinery including injection moulding machines and extrusion lines.
- This is an excellent and rewarding post for an enthusiastic Mechanical Maintenance Engineer who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and for a company that places their people at the forefront of their business.
- As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will have a good understanding of the workflow and be responsible for production, materials and maintenance planning to enhance productivity.
- You will be responsible for liaising with external suppliers and contractors in relation to all maintenance issues.
- In the role of Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the proactive & reactive mechanical maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- You will be proactive in organising machine down-time projects for planned maintenance activities ensuring minimum disruption to production.
- The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer candidate will be involved in developing and overseeing the equipment and machinery in plant.
- Conducting quality checks to ensure machinery is operating correctly and quality standards are met.
- As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing and improving production processes in plant to increase productivity.
- Diagnosing and fixing problems in the production line to minimise disruption to workflow.
- Handling and organising the receipt of deliveries into plant.
- To ensure that company Health and Safety protocols are strictly adhered to.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Mechanical engineering qualifications a distinct advantage
- Minimum 5 years in a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role
- A good working knowledge of injection moulding / extrusion machinery
- Experience of World Class / Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience within Food Manufacturing & Food Packaging
- Self-motivated and able to work to own initiative
- Work well as part of a team
- Strong time management & organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
Key Words: “Production Engineer”, “Mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Production Process Engineer”, “Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “BRC”, “HACCP”, “Food Packaging”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to Katie.email@example.com.