Job ref: SC22-5261
On behalf of our client; an established plastic injection moulding company, we are looking to recruit enthusiastic assembly setters to join their team to support continued business growth.
- This position will suit a young and ambitious engineering or manufacturing professional with the drive to become a skilled injection moulding setter / technician through the company’s comprehensive training and development program.
- Previous experience of working with machinery in an engineering / manufacturing environment is essential
- Full and extensive injection moulding training is provided with the opportunity to earn industry recognised qualifications and career progression.
- As an assembly setter you will be responsible for the safe operation of injection moulding machines and associated equipment.
- In the role of assembly setter, you will plan for production changes by ensuring they have all of the relevant tools, materials and equipment for the next change over.
- In the role of assembly setter, you will be required perform the safe removal and loading of the injection mould tooling from the machines.
- As assembly setter you will be required to undertake routine maintenance work as directed by the Maintenance Manager, Technical Manager or Shift Technician.
- It is your responsibility as assembly setter to keep running the production from moulding machines running throughout shift.
- Undertake tool changes and start up procedures in line with tool change procedural documentation, setting machine parameters to the setting sheet, with sign off including the promotion of housekeeping standards.
- Submitting a first off as per the first off procedure, and related documentation, ensuring a ‘right first time’ attitude; including restarts.
- Ensure that machines are in a clean and tidy manner suitable and safe for colleagues.
- Good Housekeeping (5S) – Ensure machines are kept tidy; do not leave tools on machine beds, remove purgings; put SMED items back on stands; etc. Also, whenever possible use the final 30 minutes of the shift to assist general 5S, in terms of cleaning.
- Actively seek to minimise scrap through process improvements in part handling, ensuring that all scrap is recorded.
- Stepping up to cover absence of the Shift Technician where required, undertaking the full duties of the shift technician to the best of the job holder’s abilities.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience within a plastics manufacturing environment is an advantage but other manufacturing experience to be considered
- Engineering qualifications / certifications an advantage
Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety in manufacturing
- Willingness to learn new skills and progress
- Effective team worker
- Flexible attitude in carrying out different types of work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude is essential
Key Words: “Material Handler”, “Machine Operator”, “Injection Moulding”, “Plastics”, “Material Controller”, “Production Operator” “Injection Moulding Operator”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only
contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to Ivor.email@example.com.