Job ref: SC22-5292
Our client, a successful supplier of industrial automation systems, engineered solutions and services for storage, conveying and processing of plastic and food processing sectors, are looking for a Project Co-ordinator to join their Team.
- You will enjoy working within a global organisation and working alongside a team of 7 in a harmonious and active engineering office. No one day is the same, you will be integrally involved with all ongoing exciting projects, liaising with the Sales team, Project Manager, Service Manager and installation engineers.
- You will support their engineering & organisational requirements, liaise with all equipment suppliers and be responsible for ensuring equipment & parts are delivered on time and at the right customer destination.
- You will ensure all project components and equipment is documented on the company’s SAP system.
- Ideally you will have either worked in engineering or a manufacturing / technical company within a similar role co-ordinating / organisational post. Strong and clear English communications, both verbal and written / PC are essential.
- Reporting to the Projects Manager, the Project Co-ordinator will be responsible for organising all aspects of installation activities as soon as an order has been received from the sales team
- This will include ordering of equipment, arranging deliveries, liaising with the customer and ensuring all documentation is in order
- The Project Co-ordinator will ensure that the job planner for all engineers and contractors is up to date, and keep the customer informed and updated at key stages through each project
- This is a full-time role based on a 38-hour week, Monday – Friday, working in an international, dynamic and vital organization where people have a fundamental role, where the merit, drive, and quality of both the individual and the team are rewarded
- Ordering of commercial equipment from Company and third party suppliers in a timely manner.
- Keeping customers updated with the status of their project.
- Planning contractors, creating and sending purchase orders to them in good time.
- Arranging direct deliveries to customers.
- Making sure all documentation relating to the equipment or installation is in place and sent to the relevant people.
- Ensuring installation lists are prepared and materials delivered in good time.
- Supporting Engineers and sub-contractors during project installations by arranging any materials or equipment they may need.
- Attend regular meetings with the Projects Manager to update on all projects.
- Keep transport costs down to a minimum by ensuring equipment and installation materials are delivered together when possible
- Ensure minimum stock levels of installation materials are kept.
- Making sure that all contractors Health and Safety documentation, licenses, insurance documents are all up to date.
- Be a key member of the team and attend and contribute to monthly admin meetings.
- Any experience in Customer Service / Project Co-ordination would be Beneficial
- Experience with SAP or similar desirable but not essential
- Experience working in engineering desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills & a professional manner
- Self-motivated, reliable and must be able to work unsupervised
Key Words: “Project Co-ordinator”, “Sales Co-ordinator”, “Process Engineer”, “Project Engineer”, “Customer Service”, “Manufacturing” “Plastics” “Injection Moulding”, Engineering,
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications that meet the requirements of our client job brief. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK job positions work seekers must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics, Packaging & Precision Engineering
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org.