Job ref: BPF22-5209
Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a British engineering company for food processing equipment with ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a Fitter to join their team.
- As a Fitter you will assemble complete machines and sub-assemblies to customer specifications, and test completed equipment
- This is an exciting opportunity offering stability and development, with a Business that is seeing exponential growth
- The Fitter will assemble kit of parts using drawings and internal paperwork system (Epicor)
- You will install pneumatic and hydraulic pipework
- You will assist with testing of finished equipment and to complete test records
- The Fitter will be required to operate portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc.
- You will be required to lift components and assemblies using slings and pendant crane in a safe and protective manner, training will be given
- You will work within planned times for jobs, and feedback deviations when necessary
- You will supply feedback on machine and process improvements
- Fitters work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting other sections when required
- You will support mechanical work within the maintenance team
- You will work on customers’ sites as part of an installation & commissioning team
- You will work on customers’ sites as part of the Customer Services team
- You will maintain a safe and tidy environment within the working area
- Fitters register their time each day using the company ERP system (time booking)
- You will be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- You must have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Thorough methodical approach
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas and on customers’ sites
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required
Key Words: “Fitter”, “Maintenance Fitter”, “Technician”, “Maintenance Technician”, “installation”, “assembly”, “grinding”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.