Job ref: 2021-11475
To provide engineering support to the plant, covering machine maintenance and breakdowns. You will support the Maintenance & Projects Engineer in maximising both the running times and efficiencies of the plant. The plant operates on a 24/7 basis and the role of the Shift Engineer will be to form part of a team that provides effective support to the plant over this period
Own Transport required as there are no public transport links to the site
- Educated to ONC/HNC level or equivalent.
- Suitable post apprentice experience in a manufacturing based environment with specific knowledge of mechanical systems, plc’s and electrical systems.
- H&S, Quality, Customer, and Productivity focused.
- Self-motivated, reliable, dedicated, hardworking, conscientious and flexible with the changes in the business needs.
- Promote and participate in activities that ensure the highest safety, operational and quality standards are achieved.
- You will take responsibility for providing engineering expertise and support to the plant.
- You will be required to plan develop and implement machine modifications, carry out repairs to plant and machinery, and monitor the production equipment and complete agreed maintenance scheduled workloads. You must be able to change over and set up machinery when product changes are required ensuring that downtime is reduced and efficiencies are increased.
- You will provide support to the manufacturing process for the 24/7 activities of the site, these will include but not be limited to:
- Troubleshooting and emergency response activities.
- Undertake training on all existing and new machinery the company may purchase from time to time and train new / existing engineers on new machinery.
- Complete all shift hand over documentation clearly and debrief the incoming / outgoing shift to enable a smooth hand over to take place.
- Be prepared to work alternative shift arrangements as and when required in order to meet business requirements, the company reserves the rights to exercise this option whenever deemed necessary, (Subject to the relevant notice period).
- Recommending on Preventive Maintenance inspections.
- Recommending on the ordering and control of required parts.
- Support continuous improvement and root cause analysis processes.
- Manage housekeeping within the engineering activity.
- Interface with external suppliers and Contractors as required.
- Communicate with the Engineering team, Process Technician, Quality and Technical Manager to make sure the business is moving forward and supported correctly.
- Contribute to the identification of improvement plans as reviewed during the daily and monthly meeting processes.
- Lead by example, positively challenge under-performance and reinforce good behaviours.
- Ensure cost optimisation across all areas of the department.
- Carry-out the required training and adapt to the ever evolving engineering requirements.
To apply for this job please visit emea-berryglobal.icims.com.