Senior Quality / Laboratory Technician
● Chemical manufacturing
● Quality control and Inhouse Technical Support
We are a leading supplier of speciality chemicals to the plastics industry for the manufacture of both rigid and flexible PVC products. As part of a highly successful international business, we are looking to recruit an ambitious Laboratory/Quality manager to join our team located in South Manchester.
You will be working with an established and dedicated team committed to delivering leading-edge products, on time and to exacting quality standards. For the right person, there will be excellent career prospects.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, your role will involve the following:
· All aspects of Quality Control, including finished product testing.
· Monitoring production / customer deliveries and managing any issues that could arise
· Associated record keeping – updating QC logs / completing and issuing Certificates of Analysis and Certificates of Compliance.
· Investigate causes of material failure, reporting findings internally to account managers
· Working alongside the technical team on both internal, and customer led projects.
· Developing a knowledge of and becoming familiar with regulatory requirements, such as COSHH.
· Managing the day to day running of the laboratory
Applicants should ideally have the following experience / characteristics.
· Approximately 2 years’ experience in a laboratory testing environment is essential.
· Experience of using a variety of physical testing laboratory equipment used within the polymer industry is preferable.
· A basic knowledge of PVC processing and testing would be beneficial but not essential.
· Methodical approach and good eye for detail and adhering to processes.
· Willing to get involved – we are a small team where everyone works together and helps each other.
Applications now closed