Job ref: 2021-11394
The bpi division sits within the Engineered Materials Division of Berry Global Inc. a US listed company with an annual turnover of around $13bn and over 40,000 employees.
The bpi division has manufacturing sites across the UK, Germany, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Poland and Romania.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to play a key role within the Ardeer site. This role sits within the Compliance Team with a direct reporting line to the Quality Manager. This role will actively lead the data collection, trend analysis, investigation and improvements to processes, products and systems and attain continuous improvement.
Must be an experienced Quality Professional preferably from a manufacturing background
- Proven quality experience and working knowledge of compliance, quality and engineering principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and effectively interact with all levels in the company
- Well organised individual who enjoys setting and meeting targets
- Perform independently without continual direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and solutions to complex problems
- Work closely with Production, Technical and Engineering teams to resolve quality related issues arising from customer complaints/concerns and internal incidents
- Facilitate investigations and resolution of related quality issues
- Work with the technical support and manufacturing to create and/or modify methods and procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate processes and/or products are developed, tests are conducted, and that products, materials, and manufacturing equipment meet required standards
- Lead problem solving activities utilising industry standard methodologies: 8D’s, 5 why’s, 3C, DMAIC, Ishikawa fish bone diagrams, FMEA’s
- Strive to enhance efficiency in procedures and processes without a compromise in quality and identify and implement opportunities for improvement across the operational facility
- Perform statistical analysis to analyse trends and work with the manufacturing department to investigate trends, conduct root cause analysis, risk assessments and lead corrective actions for processes and products
- Support NPI activities and projects at the site including the facilitation of Kaizen events and supporting the other Quality team members on process improvement activities
- Maintain working knowledge of Regulatory and Quality System requirements
- Utilise the Nav system for non-conformances, deviations, corrective and preventative actions
- Apply change controls and provide training, support and facilitate the change control process within operations
- Participate in the Internal and External Quality Audit teams
To apply for this job please visit emea-berryglobal.icims.com.