Matrix Polymers are a long-established (est. 1992) and widely recognised supplier of polymers for the rotational moulding industry serving a truly global customer base with a track record of business growth, both organic and inorganic. The company comprises of five manufacturing facilities located in the UK, Eastern Europe, Australasia and Malaysia from which materials and ancillary items are supplied to customers involved in the manufacture of rotationally moulded products.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Coordinator / Logistics Controller to join our expanding team. The role will report into the Procurement and Planning Manager and will be based at our site in Speke, Liverpool.
The purpose of the Logisitcs Controller is assist with managing the logistics between plant, suppliers, customers, 3rd party storage and sub-contractors according to business requirements.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Working in conjunction with UK sales administrators to collate daily shipment schedule ensuring customer goods are collected in a timely manner with consideration to costs and service.
- Liaise with hauliers to arrange smooth collection of goods and onwards distribution.
To follow up non-conforming deliveries with the relevant hauliers.
- Monitor haulier performance feeding back their performance via monthly service level review meetings.
- To generate and retain shipment documents for the warehouse team.
- To update TSS declarations for loads to Northern Ireland as required.
- Liaise with Customs brokers, Shipping company and hauliers to ensure the smooth delivery of imported material from the port to the plant.
- To perform ad-hoc administrative tasks within an office environment such as raising purchase orders for site packaging requirements, PPE, office stationary etc.
Who are we looking for?
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use MS Office 365 including Excel
- Experience of stores/logistics work
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
What we offer
- Bonus scheme
- 32 days annual leave (this includes bank holidays)
- Access to Reward Gateway – the largest employee discounts scheme provider in the world
- Learning & development to help you grow
- The opportunity to work for an exciting, growing, global company where every employee genuinely has the opportunity to make an impact and shine
Location: Speke, Liverpool
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent. Mon – Fri 8:00am to 4:30pm with a 30 minute unpaid break. Flexible working arrangements will be considered by the hiring manager, including hybrid working.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer which means that we base our hiring decisions on merit. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that will allow all of our employees to thrive.
Applications now closed