Job ref: AZ/55848
Based in Worcestershire
Job ref: AZ /55848
Please note that as the UK is no longer part of the EU, Non-UK nationals will need a valid working visa to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not an option for the client.
This position is ideally suited to a design engineer who is looking to enhance their career, perhaps looking to move into your second job. You will be familiar with designing mechanical component parts, often managing multiple projects at a time. Designs can be modifications of existing products or can be bespoke to specific customer requirements, with design cycles from a few days, to a number of months. You will be designing component parts for manufacture in a variety of processes, including injection moulding, die-casting, metal work and assembly, often incorporating electro-mechanical motors, actuators or sensors.
After initial employment period, there will be options to allow flexible home working
The Design Engineer is required to conceptualise, design, and develop new products to meet customer & internal requirements including cost, quality & time targets. New products can include the modification of existing products as well as the design of new innovative solutions.
The Design Engineer is responsible for all aspects of new product design including 3D modelling, 3D Assembly configurations, 2D drafting, theoretical design analysis, product manufacturability and product validation and quality, as well as tracking project and product costs.
The Design Engineer should also coordinate the tasks of the Design Technician when assigned to a project.
Concept Development, Cad Design; 3D Model & 2D Drawing Creation:
· Creates concepts and production designs to meet customer and internal specifications, considering program goals in the area of cost, quality and timelines (from initial acquisition to formal program launch)
· Ensures DFA and DFM are integrated in product design (in conjunction with NPD engineering support). This includes the use of existing components & carry over concept ideas/designs.
· Creates designs in 3D CAD considering customers CAD import requirements
· Creates component, assembly, and trade drawings for internal and external use, possibly using GD&T, SC (special characteristics) and other tools for identifying customer and company requirements.
· Carries out product improvements (CAD design) on current production parts.
· Supports Engineering Manager, Business Unit Coordinator and BDM in initial technical feasibility studies
Technical Program Management:
· Organises/attends project meetings and completes actions assigned (technical aspects) in a timely manner
· Leads DFMEA activities, and ensures that DFMEA is up to date throughout the project
· Develop test plans on basis of customer and company requirements and supports Product Evaluation to achieve results in a timely manner.
· Supports NPD manufacturing engineering by providing concise requests, eg Cost estimate requests.
· Provides Supply Chain management team with technical data so that sourcing procedures (RFQ) can be executed.
· Manages design data (2D & 3D) & ensures correct identification, revision ID & library (PDM) storage.
· Document & track all costs incurred on projects vs available budget and works with the Business Unit Coordinator to ensure expenditure is correctly billed to orders.
· Track time spent on activities weekly
· Ensures that projects progress through the relevant stage gate reviews
Launch and After Launch Support:
· Supports quality engineer in completing PPAP/EMPB documentation
· Ensures that prototype, pre-production, and production (initial) build dates and requirements are met
· Liaise closely with Key Account Managers to ensure timely flow of information between company and the customer and attend customer meetings within Europe as appropriate & when possible.
· Work permit/passport which allows work & travel throughout Europe
· Proficient user of 3D & 2D CAD and PDM software
· Degree in Engineering / Design
· +2 years product design experience.
· Fluent in English, a second language would be very beneficial
· Driving License (allowing UK road use), preferred.
· Knowledge of common manufacturing processes
To apply please contact Andy Zanin
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.