Job ref: CST/55441
Based in West Yorkshire
Job ref: CST/55441
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering & Maintenance Manager to work for a leading Polymer manufacturer. Reporting directly to the Operations Director you will be a key member of the site management team ensuring the production facility is kept running to maximum efficiency and output. You will be tasked with all engineering activity including planning, scheduling, managing breakdowns and spare parts inventory.
The Engineering/Maintenance Manager will be responsible for leading a team of maintenance personnel and setting the agenda for the continually evolving maintenance strategy.
Whilst this role will have direct leadership of Maintenance and Engineering, it will operate closely with the site projects, facilities, and production engineering teams to ensure optimised efficiency of equipment and assets, effective reliability processes are developed, and a cultural shift towards best in group asset management.
The role is at times hands on would be expected to be directly involved on breakdowns and repairs.
· Responsible for the Management of all maintenance activities on site
· Responsible for the development and delivery of the Engineering Maintenance Strategy in a safe, quality-focused, and cost-effective manner
· Drive performance within the teams by setting SMART objectives and monitor progress by carrying out individual performance appraisals
· Develop and maintain a fully functional Planned Maintenance system
· Ensure efficient and effective maintenance cover across all Production shifts and needs
· Accountable for H&S, COSHH, risk assessments and manual handling for all maintenance activities
· Effective people management of your team in conjunction with the Company policies
· Communicate effectively and build strong relationships with all operational functions, working particularly closely with the Production Manager and their team’s
· Effective and supportive Management of all direct reports
· Manage maintenance spares and control the maintenance budget
· Daily management KPI’s established routinely and systematically used to monitor and improve performance
· Accountable for all activities involving external contractors working on the site
· Develop the knowledge and capability of the Engineering Maintenance teams to maximise the reliability of assets and processes
· Recruit, train and motivate staff promoting multi-skilling as required by the department
· Participation in “out of normal hours working” will be required in instances of equipment failure and major asset breakdowns
· Develop and manage the processes for reviewing failure history and work order data to create, monitor and act of equipment performance trend’s
· Create a “Pit-stop” philosophy on breakdowns and repairs
· Implement and drive maintenance request system and task processing to completion
Person Specification – Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
· Implemented and operated CMMS system
· Ability to direct and guide the team towards good practice planning and scheduling engineering activities
· Ability to prioritise and effectively communicate priorities to all levels of the business
· Ability to effectively assess that the correct failure information has been recorded for significant events
· Degree or an HNC/HND level qualification in engineering
· 5+ years of Maintenance management/supervisory experience
· Management experience in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communicator with proven leadership skills
· Current health and safety awareness qualification(s)
· Experience of using a CMMS and competent IT and Microsoft user
· Proven ability to coach and develop individuals and teams
· Experience of budget control and working knowledge of MRO
· Cap-ex Project Management
· Exposure to lean methodology – TPM, 5’S & Standardisation
If you wish to apply for this position and have further details, please email your full CV and salary information to:
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.