Job ref: PK/56967
Print Finishing Operative
Print Finishing Operative
Based in Telford, Shropshire
Job ref: PK /56967
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Shift Pattern: 3 x 12 hour shifts – overtime available all year round
Working a rotating shift pattern which includes, days, nights weekends and public holidays. Shift working is typically 11.5 hours in duration Monday – Sunday. Flexibility to work additional hours / shift / work patterns as required. Seasonal uplift September – December to 42hrs per week.
The main purpose of the job:
To ensure that all work is processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the customer’s requirements, the Company’s Production Schedules and standard operating procedures (SOP’s). To direct, monitor and support the day-to-day performance of the Machine Assistants and by doing so instill a heightened awareness of their production performance in relation to the work being produced.
Key tasks/main duties of the role:
· To operate machinery in order to stitch, perfect bind, guillotine or fold printer matter in an efficient and effective way and by doing so create finished work which meets all the requirements of the customer following ISO 9001 and 14001 procedures with zero defects and spoilage/wastage and achieving specified levels of productivity.
· To maintain, control and adjust equipment (folding, guillotine, stitching or binding) in order that it performs to specification.
· To provide the Supervisors with reliable and accurate information relevant to the day-to-day production schedules so that the department is aware of work expectations i.e. what has to be produced and in what timescale, highlighting any issues which may affect the schedules.
· To present a conscientious, professional image at all times being mindful that customers / visitors and external bodies may be on site at any time. To ensure that you and your crew are polite, courteous and welcoming when approached by customers, answering any questions where possible.
· To provide support on a day-to-day basis to the Machine Assistants so that they carry out their designated duties in a timely and accurate way.
· To apply their working knowledge of the equipment so that faults are identified and resolved quickly so reducing unnecessary waste.
· Where required to train, develop, impart information and support the Machine Assistants so that they are able to carry out all aspects of their role and by doing so work in a cohesive way with the Number 1 Operators.
· To undertake self-checking of all work produced to ensure that printed material and related products are defect free and conform to the required specifications.
· To possess a level of flexibility so that as and when required and where the Number 1 Operator has the necessary skill sets, operate and run other machinery within the Bindery Department in order to maintain production output.
· To maintain machinery on a day-to-day basis and in conjunction with the Machine Assistants to performing ‘housekeeping’ initiatives to determine what operator maintenance is required and when.
· To ensure that work stations and equipment are in good working order.
· Emptying bins and general waste and disposing of it in the appropriate recycling facilities, before the end of your shift. Ensuring that during and especially at the end of shifts, work areas are left clean, general housekeeping duties have been maintained and that work stations are left in good order for oncoming shift staff.
· To work at all times in compliance with Health and Safety recommendations and ensure that work stations and individuals working in designated areas carry out their duties in a safe, efficient and constructive way.
· To undertake any other duties or responsibilities commensurate with this role.
To apply please contact Phillippa Kirby
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.