Job ref: JE/57087
Based in Scotland
Job ref: JE/57087
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Listgrove is supporting an accredited materials, testing, research, and development laboratory that specialises in the physical, analytical, and biodegradable properties of plastics, composites, and packaging materials
They are now looking to recruit a talented individual to provide project management and commercially focused technical direction for their portfolio of research projects, spreading across a number of disciplines but all focused-on sustainability. The role requires strong technical leadership, and you will be involved in setting the overall technical direction of the company. You will be taking the technical lead in our innovation projects and research proposals and contributing to broad technical issues inside and outside the organisation.
· Project Management of our research portfolio through to commercialisation
· Primary point of contact for our partners
· Determining and road-mapping the technical direction of projects.
· Capable of guiding more junior scientists to achieve ambitious project goals
· Take technical leadership of innovation projects from concept to commercialisation.
· Oversight of technical proposals for research grants.
· Oversight of lab work so that it is carried out to the highest technical standard and to HSE standards
· Project management and delivery to ensure projects are delivered on time and with value added
· Promoting Impact Solution through presentations at technical events
· Producing technical articles for publication on the web
· Working closely with the sales team to target new areas to work in and build the lab business up.
· Reporting work and results to customers to meet schedules. Ensure all reports are to the highest technical standards and are accurate.
· Take the lead in brainstorming new areas of focus and writing of grant proposals for feasibility study funding.
Experience & Qualifications Required
· Degree (B.Sc.) and preferably post graduate qualification (Ph.D. or M.Sc.)
· Good communication and people skills.
· Customer facing or commercially biased
· A team player with initiative to make improvements that will increase efficiency, productivity and team moral.
· Excellent time management, project management and a commercial vision is essential to this role.
To apply please contact Jane Edwards
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.