Job ref: CST/52307
Market Development Manager (Sales)
Market Development Manager (Sales)
Polymers, Coatings, Adhesives Manufacturing
Ideal location North West or North East (Yorkshire, Cleveland, Lancashire, Cheshire, Manchester, Leeds)
Job ref: CST/52307
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Our client has built up an enviable reputation as a high quality manufacturer of water based additives for polymer latex, paint and adhesive industries. It has a successful history that spans five decades and is recognized as a world leader in aqueous dispersions and emulsions. The company prides itself on its technical capability, innovation and close partnership approach with both customers and suppliers.
Background to the Role:
The company is experiencing good levels of growth with both existing and new customers, and this is part of its continued strategic commitment for developing new technical and innovative materials. As a result, there is a requirement for a ‘Market Development Manager’ to work alongside the Sales Manager in promoting existing and newly developed products. The role will involve looking for new customers and new applications, ensuring as part of the sales team that the company continues to maximize profitable business opportunities.
Support the achievement of sales targets within new markets and also with existing customers, maintaining profitable growth in line with short and long term strategies. Ensure a targeted level of customer contact and prospecting to maintain existing business and to report on new business opportunities, customer satisfaction, market intelligence and competition activity.
Key Requirements & Accountabilities:
· In conjunction with the Sales Manager, responsible for customer development and sales in targeted markets area.
· Management of defined existing customer and ensure annual sales budgets are achieved.
· Promote all aspects of the product portfolio to new customers and ensure new products/product lines are introduced where applicable.
· Develop project pipeline of opportunities for the new materials
· Visit existing and new customers on a regular basis and provide information and support as necessary.
· Maintain up to date customer files and in particular the company database, producing reports following every customer visit and utilising electronic company information systems (i.e. MRP) to access sales data to assist with visit preparation and follow up.
· In conjunction with the Sales Manager and Managing Director, negotiate prices/contracts in line with the pricing strategy.
· Manage and deploy the most efficient and appropriate level of customer contact, with close liaison with the internal sales team, in order to ensure that sales opportunities are maximized to the full.
· Offer technical advice according to ability and experience and liaise with the sales and technical team as appropriate.
· Report and present area sales information including market opportunities and competitor activity at regular company sales meetings.
· Prepare and maintain a project list for new market opportunities and on-going developments via the designated process
· Production and submission of monthly Sales Forecast reports with comments outlining customers/product lines
· Demonstrable track record in technical sales is essential
· Educated in a scientific subject – materials science, chemistry, polymer technology (ideally HNC or above)
· Experience of manufacturing in a formulation chemistry environment is required (e.g. polymers, coatings, adhesives, elastomers, additives, sealants)
· Technical solution selling is paramount
· Prepared to be in the office once a week (HQ based in Yorkshire)
· Must be self-starting, enthusiastic and a highly motivated achiever
· Good networker and relationship builder
· Team player
· Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
· Good organisational and time management skills
· Computer literate
Key words: Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, Technical Sales, Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Dispersions, Polymers, PVC, Anti-oxidant, crosslinkers, barrier coatings.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.