Job ref: CST/57753
Market Segment Manager
Market Segment Manager
Polymers, Packaging, Bioplastics, Sustainability
Based in Netherlands, Belgium or France
Job ref: CST/57753
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
The company is a global technology leader in Poly Lactic Acid (PLA). PLA is a versatile, biobased and biodegradable polymer made from annually renewable resources. PLA offers a reduced carbon footprint versus many traditional plastics and can be used in a wide range of markets and applications. They are a young and fast-growing company with a factory in Asia and a second site planned for Europe. Within their Marketing team the company currently has an open vacancy for a Market Segment Leader
Focused on developing and driving the global market segment strategy. Bioplastics are used in many market segments, including rigid food packaging, 3D printing, non-wovens, flexible packaging and durable goods. To accelerate growth and profitability they want to select and put extra focus on key market segments. The role is a global one with a key focus on a number of high growth countries.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Develop and drive forward the global market segment strategy for selected winning market segments.
· Develop and articulate winning value propositions and commercialization paths.
· Lead the process from ideation to implementation for product, application, and market development initiatives.
· Lead engagement with key brand owners and specifiers to support, in conjunction with the R&D team, application and/or product development.
· Lead generation and follow up, leveraging the existing contact from the sales and BD team, to accelerate market segment penetration and profitable growth.
· Target the leading OEM’s across the winning market segments.
· Develop and share best practice around market segment leadership (process/tool)
· Build a strong pipeline of opportunities, which align with the defined product and technology growth platforms that have been identified as presenting a key point of differentiation.
· Support the process of application know how transfer and scale up from one region to another.
· Price setting for new offerings and price guidance for existing offerings to ensure consistency and delivering on defined profitability.
· Building deep knowledge of the competitive environment; trends, products, technologies, regulations, and competitors within the defined segments.
· Leverage knowledge and contacts available from the parent companies
· University degree (or equivalent), Master’s degree – an advantage.
· At least 6-8 years of experience in plastics industry, marketing, product management or application development.
· Good understanding of the main technical characteristics of plastics in various markets and applications and preferably knowledge of circular and sustainable value propositions.
· Experienced in creating effective relationships with customers, key stakeholders, brand owners and other relevant value chain partners in the field of plastics.
· Thrives on a challenging and fast-paced environment.
· Professional-level writing, editing, messaging, and storytelling skills.
· Ability to effectively network and function in a complex internal and external ecosystem of colleagues, stakeholders, and influencers.
· Frequent (international) travel will be part of the job (once covid restrictions are reduced).
We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
· Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference.
· International focus with truly diverse teams.
· Friendly & informal culture in a demanding professional environment.
· In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values.
· You will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.