Job ref: JE/58070
Innovation Project Manager
Innovation Project Manager
Based in London, Greater London
Job ref: JE /58070
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
With current trends it is evident that by 2050 there could be 7 billion tonnes of plastic waste. Some 2 billion tonnes of this waste will remain in the natural environment, with most remaining on land and approximately .5 billion tonnes finding its way into the sea.
Listgrove has been retained to support the recruitment of a UK based Innovation Project Manager for an innovative polymer materials business, focused on biodegradable plastics. Significant investment, the introduction of leading polymer scientists, state-of-the-art laboratories and plans to develop products that will be supplied to a global customer base, makes this business a highly attractive employer.
The role will appeal to those motivated by working with commercial partners and external stakeholders to collaboratively develop innovative new products, with better sustainability features and performance, and deliver commercialisation of these in collaboration with global commercial partners. They will be a logical and analytical thinker as well as being extremely organised in their approach to work and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, the candidate will be dynamic and adaptable with a proven track record of working collaboratively across supply chains, including both suppliers and customers.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Innovation Team management and will work closely with our commercial team to provide technical support to commercial and ventures projects at a global level, ensuring that projects remain on track and to budget whilst ensuring that all new products developed meet technical, commercial and production parameters.
The responsibilities of the Innovation Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
· Managing and delivering a broad spectrum of commercially focused technical projects collaboratively with global key customers.
· Work with the Chief Innovation Officer, Chief Polymer Scientist, and with colleagues from commercial and innovations teams to ensure that R&D of new products and technologies aligns with customers’ requirements.
· Developing, managing, and maintaining project plans and budgets, and reporting out of these to both external and internal stakeholders.
· Be the technical expert in the room when supporting the commercial team in high level meetings with key customers.
· Provide technical expertise and leadership to the team of Scientists and support the other project managers.
· Deliver input into the development and expansion of the companies IP portfolio.
· 5+ years industrial experience in the polymer or advanced materials sector.
· PhD (or equivalent experience) in polymer engineering, polymer science, or advanced materials.
· Good communication and presentation skills – both verbally and in written format – at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Recognised project management qualification and/or proven project management experience in a commercial R&D or innovation environment.
· Previous experience of polymer manufacturing and/or analysis.
· Proven track record of IP generation and protection.
· Proficient in the use of key IT skills, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Adhere to and support the implementation of all company HSEQ requirements
· Fluent in English (required) and Mandarin (desirable)
To apply please contact Jane Edwards
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.