Job ref: CST/55574
Coatings, Adhesives, Elastomers, Polyurethanes, Rubber
Job ref: CST/55574
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Working Rights: Please note that as the UK is no longer part of the EU, Non UK nationals will need a valid working visa to apply for this position.
Part of an international group, our client is a successful manufacturer supplying products to retailers, distributors and contractors on a worldwide basis. They manufacture a diverse range of products which as well as rubber and latex based include those using polyurethane raw materials. Long established and producing high quality products, the company is the largest manufacturer in its sector and has a market leading presence.
Responsible for the delivery of an effective technical support service to procurement, production and sales. Develop products, adapt materials and processes to meet the demands of a changing marketplace.
· Define & regularly review BOM’s
· Support the Procurement Team in identification/specification of new materials
· Regularly review materials etc. seeking opportunities for value engineering
· Provide an effective technical support service to all areas of production to optimise production efficiencies and maintain product quality standards
· Develop and continuously review formulations to optimise production efficiencies and seek opportunities for product development/value engineering
· Provide focus on material yield and variance monitoring/improvement
· Management testing & development requirements of the NPD process
· Maintain appropriate accreditations’
· Maintain products in line with external standards
· Responsible for generation of operational ideas (products, materials, processes) as part of NPD process
· Ensure customer technical queries are dealt with in a timely manner
· Maintain an awareness of market & product requirements
· Ensure major customer complaints are dealt with in a suitable time frame if necessary conducting site visits to aid resolution
· Qualified to degree level or equivalent in polymer science/engineering
· Extensive experience in providing technical support in rubber & latex manufacturing processes or coatings/adhesives/elastomers/polyurethanes; developing process, materials and products
· Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills with a very methodical approach
· Aligns own goals with team’s goals, proactively supports/develops other team members
· Self-starting skills, self-monitoring skills
· Has the ability to successfully deliver and present quite complex information; fully recognises and responds to target audience reactions
· Adept at calculating, analysing and presenting complex numerical information
· Can effectively manage a complex range of resources to ensure a variety of outcomes are fully achieved
· A natural leader with the ability to build/lead a multi-disciplined team on a project by project basis and ensure successful delivery of all the team’s individual and collective goals
· Ability to persuade & influence
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.