Job ref: JE/57140
Head of Manufacturing
Head of Manufacturing
Based in County Meath, Ireland.
Job ref: JE/57140
Listgrove is proud to be supporting a leading European manufacturer of a variety of virgin polymers, staple fibres and high-quality polyester products from recycled post-consumer PET bottles.
The company has been in existence for over 40 years and is Europe’s largest PET recycler, processing in excess of 2.6 billion post-consumer PET bottles and leads the industry in the development of new fibre technologies
The business employs approximately 270 employees on a permanent basis, across a multitude of functions relating to fibre production and auxiliary support services. Unfortunately a steady flow of retirements over recent years from its loyal, dedicated and stable work force has created the challenge and an opportunity to recruit further people into the business.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Head of Manufacturing is responsible for the entire production process for fibre. He/She plans, organises, and recommends strategies for ensuring that the product is produced successfully, in accordance with all quality specifications. The person has line management responsibility for all production and related employees and is ultimately responsible for safety, quality and plant output.
The scope of the role includes assessing project and resource requirements, negotiating and agreeing targets and timescales with senior management and for driving continuous improvement. The person is expected to spend a considerable portion of his/her time operating in the 5-year time horizon.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· In line with training and applicable procedures, conduct all duties in a way that promotes WIL’s values, & best practice standards relating to health, safety, environmental & quality performance
· Role models Indorama’s core values continuously and can demonstrate the use of core values to drive continuous improvement
· Management of day to day activities within production ensuring customer requirements are met in a timely, compliant, safe and cost-effective manner – fully accountable for safety, quality and output
· Responsible for investigating all production related customer complaints, for implementing root cause analysis and correction action programs to prevent recurrence
· Develop a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done in a timely and productive manner throughout the organisation
· Responsible for completing all production related report cards within the MD&A and for providing a 12 month rolling forecast together with underlying assumptions supporting the numbers
· Management of a team of Production Supervisors responsible for manufacturing product to targeted production plans in a safe and quality driven manner. Liaising with department managers on issues that directly affect production activities
· Ensuring all operational performance measures are reached including; safety, first pass yield, uptime, productivity, efficiency, waste, and quality. Intervening when needed to bring performance back within expectations
· To support site business strategies, inclusive of succession planning and shift resource levels while ensuring personnel are organized appropriately so that optimum operational performance is achieved.
· To support & drive the wider organisational priorities of Operational Excellence in manufacturing – continually driving process improvements across production to achieve the performance targets.
· Work with Head of HR to develop flexibility in the organisation and to develop high potential talent within the production function for future higher level responsibilities
· Drive a consistent team based approach across production ensuring open two way communication at all times. Drive team meetings, team problem solving, and continuous improvement initiatives across the production department.
· Develop and maintain safety programs with the HSEQ leader including appropriate training and communication sessions and ensuring the safety of all personnel in production and related functions
· Manage people issues including absenteeism, return to work procedures, performance, management etc. in consultation with Human Resources
· Actively seek and evaluate opportunities for automation, to reduce repetitive tasks, or technology to improve process control
· Oversees Plant Security with third party provider.
· This position requires a relevant third level qualification in a Science/Manufacturing/Engineering discipline
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills are essential including judgement in decision making.
· The successful candidate must have the ability and be able to demonstrate openness and willingness to invent new organizational structures, procedures and technology to drive continuous improvement.
· The individual must have proven leadership attributes, be able to demonstrate their ability to manage teams, provide coaching and feedback in order to champion change.
· He/She must have the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels in the company and Corporate and a driving vision to create an inclusive culture of performance, continuous improvement and development underpinned by proven methodologies such as Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, FMEA and 6S. Training will be provided in these methodologies if not already obtained.
· Expert knowledge in all aspects of Manufacturing is important coupled with strong business and commercial acumen.
· The successful candidate must be a good communicator with strong verbal, written and computer skills enabling them to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders.
· The ability to work under one’s own initiative together with good leadership, scheduling, budget and resource management skills is essential.
· This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, energetic and versatile individual to join a highly successful Company.
To apply please contact Jane Edwards
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.