Job ref: CST/57766
Product Manager/Key Account Manager
Product Manager / Key Account Manager
Polyolefins (Polypropylene and Polyethylene)
Job ref: CST/57766
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
We have been retained by Biesterfeld Petroplas – one of UK’s leading polymer distributors – to appoint an experienced and highly driven commercial professional with extensive knowledge of the polypropylene and polyethylene markets.
Biesterfeld Petroplas is a successful subsidiary of a major European plastics distributor that has long standing and well developed relationships with prominent producers. We are looking for an experienced individual looking to secure a long-term future with one of Europe’s leading players.
There is a dual focus to this position, and each carries its own commercial demands that need to be managed. The successful candidate will take product management responsibility for the polyolefin portfolio, acting as the key interface with the suppliers, HQ/UK offices and the sales team to deliver financial performance as detailed in the business plan. Alongside this role, the person will be responsible for leading the development, partnership, and business growth of designated polyolefin key accounts.
· Lead contact interfacing with Biesterfeld Petroplas’ polyolefin suppliers proactively negotiating prices/allocation, ensuring good relationships and business potential opportunities are realised
· Define sales and marketing strategy for PP and PE product portfolio
· Work closely with the sales team to ensure they are selling the polyolefin products and provide additional information to support this process where required
· Responsible for pricing, allocation, positioning and focus of polyolefin products
· Maintain a market focus of sectors including trends, competitive pressures and supply issues
· Be the market expert for the polyolefin product portfolio and act as an internal/external champion
· Assimilate market intelligence to inform strategy and decisions around pricing and product positioning
· Support business development activities across the full PP product portfolio
· Prepare product forecasts, understand and interpret any variance and manage inventory
Key Account Management-
· Lead contact and customer champion
· Regular visits and contact with customer to ensure Biesterfeld remain ‘supplier of choice’
· Develop and implement the strategy for each key account
· Understand customer needs and the challenges they are facing
· Manage the pricing strategy based on forecast volumes and profitability
· Maximise business opportunities with new projects and product development initiatives
· Intimate knowledge and experience of the polyolefin raw material sector
· Proven negotiation skills and good understanding of business
· Experienced in polymer raw materials sales and commercial business drivers
· Experienced of managing supplier principals
· Good relationship building skills
· Good financial acumen
· Strategic thinker
· Strong analytical capability
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team player
· Ambitious and good career potential
· IT Literacy
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to email@example.com
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.