Job ref: AZ/58115
Head of Technical Sales
Head of Technical Sales
Flexible UK or EU location
The role will require international travel
Job ref: AZ/58115
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the UK or the EU will be considered for this position.
Current & valid work status needed as no sponsorship will be offered.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Bockatech is a fast-moving innovative company supporting brands and converters in creating more sustainable packaging using EcoCore, an award-winning plastic foaming technology. Bockatech is entering a new phase of its development and is looking for an experienced sales lead to establish EcoCore technology as a new industry standard for rigid packaging with global brands and converters.
As Head of Technical Sales, you will work alongside the CEO to identify the most promising market opportunities and will take the lead on defining and executing Bockatech’s sales acquisition strategy.
Ideally coming from the rigid plastic packaging industry, you will have a strong network that you can leverage to build up a solid and sustainable sales pipeline across Europe and North America.
You must be passionate about sales and people and have a proven track record in achieving significant revenue growth.
You might also have an experience in taking new technologies to market and you are keen to educate customers and partners about EcoCore foaming technology.
You will manage your clients from prospecting to mass production scale up, being the interface with our technical team and seeking to maximise customer satisfaction.
As Bockatech’s organisation is flat in structure, you will earn your place by hitting your targets and demonstrating your added value. The role could become a management role as the business grows.
This is a career opportunity for an entrepreneurial salesperson to spearhead the expansion of a game changing technology that will support the transition to more sustainable packaging and reuse.
Bockatech EcoCore® is a patented injection moulding technology that is used to create low cost, high performance, recyclable and reusable products for a range of applications. The first EcoCore application was the Zero Waste Cup™, a low-cost to-go reusable cup that can help solve the environmental problem of 100Bn single use cups being thrown away each year.
Cups made with EcoCore have been recognised in the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s New Plastics Economy list of top reuse initiatives, and one of the largest global coffee chains is planning a global rollout of reusable cups using EcoCore. Whilst cups remain a focus, Bockatech is also working with large FMCG’s to apply EcoCore to other types of applications (caps and closures, pots, pails etc.). Additional applications in healthcare and other areas will develop over time.
The company’s focus is developing EcoCore further, securing new IP (e.g. patents) and generating revenue by licensing the technology. To accelerate development, Bockatech can count on partnerships with world leading packaging sector providers including Borealis (materials), Trexel (physical gas systems) and MCC Verstraete (in mould labelling).
The vision is for EcoCore to be a new industry standard for sustainable packaging solutions.
· Refine the company’s sales acquisition strategy:
· Work closely with Bockatech’s CEO and the founder to refine and advance the strategy for expansion
· Update and structure existing sales material and documents to successfully present EcoCore and take it to new packaging verticals
· Work with the marketing team to drive inbound and outbound sales leads
Execute the sales acquisition strategy:
· Build up the sales pipeline leveraging your own network and the resources available (LinkedIn, the team’s network, Bockatech’s partners etc.)
· Stay abreast of, coordinate Bockatech’s participation at, and attend regional industry conferences and events
· Review, optimise and maintain all sales tools
· Own the company’s commercial reporting
Own and manage customer relationship:
· Successfully present EcoCore technology to senior and executive-level audiences, with a knack for tailoring the pitch to the needs of each prospective customer
· Identify and influence the stakeholders that are needed to support the project
· Collaborate with the rest of the team to address client’s questions and challenges
· Manage client relationship throughout the stages of the project delivery (design, prototyping and mass market) and collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
· Develop and foster strong trusting long-term relationships with customers, partners, and key influencers across the Europe and North America, always acting with the highest level of integrity
· Capture and report market insights to further improve the sales acquisition strategy and nurture the R&D roadmap
· Come from the rigid plastic packaging industry
· Come from a well-known converter or mould maker
· 8+ years of experience in a similar role (business development, technical sales representative, or key account manager)
· Proven track record achieving revenue targets
· Have an established network of prospects Europe and US with contacts at executive level
· Have an operational mindset, high EQ, and excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Technical background and project management skills
· Experience in developing and executing strategies and business plans
· Have proven track record taking new technology to market
· Fluent in English and ideally another European language
· Excel in high pressure, energetic work environments
If you wish to apply for this position and have further details, please email your full CV and salary
Andy Zanin – Business Director
T: +44 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.