Job ref: CST/57620
Business Development Manager – DACH
Business Development Manager-DACH
Fluent German speaker required
Based in Germany (Ideally North or West Regions), France, Belgium or Netherlands
Job ref: CST/57620
Salary/Benefits: Attractive based upon experience
Part of an ambitious and progressive international group, the company is a well-established manufacturer of polypropylene used in wide variety of applications including BCF yarn, fiber, stretched tape, carpet backing and adhesive tapes to a European customer base. This role is focused on managing strategic accounts and, most importantly, developing business across the DACH region. Most of the customers/potential sales opportunities are in the North and West regions of Germany.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
· Sales of polypropylene to European customer base (Dach region and Eastern Europe).
· Support the sales initiatives in accordance with business strategy and marketing plans.
· Identify, visit and develop new customer prospects
· Achieve sales volumes and profitability targets as per company business plan
· Develop pricing tactics within specified guidelines, in order to maximise the profitability
· Develop new and improve existing value propositions for customers to better promote the products
· Monitor, analyse and report on market developments and competitive behaviour
· Monitor customer payments and follow up on customer overdues
· Control sales, general and administrative expenses within the agreed budget
Competencies and skills
The ideal candidate has a university degree in Engineering and/or has some proven relevant equivalent experience. Candidates with technical knowledge from the plastics (polyolefin) industry combined with at least a couple of years of commercial experience are preferred.
· Problem solving and innovative thinking
· Good organisation and planning skills
· Strong on client interactive skills
· Personal drive and flexibility
· IT and analytical skills
· Staying on top of changing priorities
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter, capable of working independently with organised time management.
· Excellent knowledge of German and English (both written and spoken)
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.