Job ref: EG/57839
Project Leader – Industrial Product Development
Based in Cambridge
Job ref: EG/57839
A supramolecular chemistry company with a focus and expertise in developing, licensing, and selling novel proprietary products. The business works in partnership with customers to understand their challenges and develop solutions utilising a new, revolutionary platform chemistry.
The platform technology has applications ranging from Home Care & Personal Care to Life Sciences; from heavy industry to nonwovens & textiles, and the opportunity to create meaningful innovation while creating value is what excites the team. Focus is crucial -this has the team working in areas from air filtering in transportation to delivery of therapeutics for cancer.
Reporting to the CSO, the Project Leader will have the following responsibilities:
· Develop Industrial products from concept to scale-up, across technology areas including automotive interiors (plasticised coatings, semi rigid and rigid plastics), films, functional
· Nonwovens and technical textile.
· Lead and manage the Industrial Team: Implement ideas, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the team’s objectives.
· Develop scalable prototypes and demonstrate performance through material testing and analytical equipment.
· Working closely with the commercial team identifying opportunities and translating customers’ needs into technical solutions and projects.
· Support key customers to formulate and develop products, as well as validating product benefits and substantiating claims to speed up product launches.
· Preparation of research reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data; give
· presentations for both internal and external audience.
· Identify IP opportunities and prepare patent documents.
· Identify training opportunities and liaise with external consultants and contractors
· Leadership – Generates alignment amongst teams. Contributes to a high performing, fearless, results-orientated culture. Hands on and entrepreneurial in style, comfortable with getting involved in all areas of the business with minimal support
· PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar subject
· Application scientist with a strong chemical industry background (5 years)
· Extensive product development experience gained with nonwovens, functional plastics, automotive or textile coating products.
· Analytical and sensorial odour assessment would be a distinct advantage.
· Must be interested in the formulation of products
· Strong background in physical sciences with experience in analytical testing and claims substantiation
· Agile thinker, able to adapt and work in a dynamic environment and work across multiple application areas.
· Intellectually strong and comfortable with complex problem solving
· Naturally engages with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
· Embraces opportunities for personal development
To apply please contact Ellie Guest
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.