Job ref: AZ/55918
European Director of Operations
European Director of Operations
Based in Bedfordshire
Job ref: AZ /55918
Please note that as the UK is no longer part of the EU, Non UK nationals will need a valid working visa to apply for this position.
The Director of Operations position actively collaborates with sales, services, engineering, and financial organizations in meeting the company’s established goals and objectives. Provides leadership, management, and control for the production and distribution of quality products to clients. This position is a client-facing role focused on representing and presenting operational best practices to customers in support of sales efforts or quality audits. Develops an engaging environment that fosters interaction, delivers exemplary performance, quality, and a cost competitive edge.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages and leads the production, and product fulfillment staff to ensure key leadership and individual positions are occupied by people that have what it takes to succeed. Establishes development plans, performance management plans and ensures training and develop of production employees to maintain relevant technical skills.
· Proactively develops and manages programs to deliver on short and long-range objectives, policies and plans.
· Establishes the necessary standards to measure (quantitative and qualitative) progress and contribute toward the goals in each department.
· Develops manufacturing plans to support company’s objectives, policies and plans.
· Reviews performance against plans and take the necessary steps to adjust tactics to deliver on results.
· Drives and insists upon culture of safety excellence and ensures that first and foremost our associates are safe and injury free. Deploys ergonomics programs, risk assessments to gauge job hazards and continually challenges the status quo by deploying new and improved work methods and capital equipment.
· Prepares appropriate reports and proposals for review by Senior Management to drive continuous improvement, and when approved, implement changes and measure and report results.
· Actively promotes and implements latest technologies to increase productivity (lean manufacturing, automation, IT programs).
· Actively supports company’s commitment to Quality and develops and deploys leading indicators for all KPI’s and ensures they are prominently displayed and acted upon to drive behaviors and results.
· Maintains a customer focused approach with the organization.
· Sets accurate expectations for planning and delivery of products and assignments.
· Professionally manages and communicates with all aspects of the business (i.e. executives, sales, engineering, and services) and actively promote a team environment.
· Coordinates with Engineering, Quality and Finance for new product introduction onto the production floor.
· Plans and prioritizes all production activities.
· Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, and other safety procedures in accordance to the job.
· Performs special projects and additional duties as assigned by the VP of Global Operations.
· Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Operation Management or a related degree from an accredited University with 8 plus years of experience in manufacturing, production, warehouse, or in a related industry (i.e. logistics, packaging, thermal dynamics or a technical/complex solution). Must have a proven track record of success in manufacturing management.
· Must have an in-depth understanding of cGMP Guidelines and best practices to support a pharmaceutical client base.
o Coordinates individual training for the production operators to the requirements of cGMP’s, SOP’s for the use of equipment and training guides.
o Maintains accurate training records per cGMP
o Label control, Lot control, line start-up and clearance, and documentation control
o Follows strict good documentation practices per SOP and cGMP regulations
o Audits and reviews compliance with cGMPs requirements and internal procedures/protocols.
o Maintains and improves cGMP compliance and documentation.
· Must have knowledge and experience with international logistics.
· Must be an expert problem solver and have ability to use data to drive informed based decision making.
· Must demonstrate attention to detail, solid judgment, ability to plan and accomplish goals, and champion ethical business practices at all times.
· Must demonstrate leadership skills, have ability to bring together teams and build consensus at all levels of the organization.
· Must be a self-motivated, proactive, focused high-achiever who consistently delivers results and has the ability to make rapid adjustments in response to industry changes.
· Must have the ability to assess personnel requirements and organize, plan, staff and lead operations; must be able to translate Company objectives into executable plans and effectively communicate and drive them.
· Demonstrate a solid program base for quality, customer satisfaction, continual improvement, and measurements (i.e. ISO, KPIs).
· Demonstrate knowledge and ability to implement efficiency programs (i.e. 5S, lean manufacturing).
· Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
· Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, project management and presentation software.
· Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
To apply please contact Andy Zanin
0044 (0) 1789 207070
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client’s needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website: www.listgrove.com
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 01197713
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.