Job Title: Machine Operator
Job Family: Manufacturing
Reports to: Production Supervisor
To ensure the machines run to full capacity without any problems, and to deal with breakdowns by identifying and rectifying the problem as quickly as possible.
· To operate HDPE Blow moulding equipment and ancillary equipment including packing tables, leak detectors, metal detectors, conveyor systems and granulators.
· Ensure smooth running of the production line by identifying problems and correcting to ensure production targets are met with regards to volume and quality.
· To carry out calculations to ensure exact weights & measures as per customer spec.
· To adjust machines in order to rectify errors with production of bottles.
· To report accurately any problems and complete paperwork where applicable.
· To ensure machines are running efficiently to ensure material efficiency and reduce waste.
· To carry out both visual and physical Quality Assessment of product and determine if product meets specification.
· To carry out prescribed preventative maintenance procedures on the machine to ensure optimum efficiency and Quality is maintained.
· Perform standard machine changes including material feed, colour, gas, neck and profile changes.
· To apply good problem-solving techniques as required and make necessary process adjustments.
· Work effectively as a team member, mentoring packers.
· Maintain a high level of housekeeping at all times, as required by Food Packaging Industry Standards.
· Follow Safe Working Practices at all times.
· Contribute to continual improvement groups focussed on both production efficiencies, Quality and Health and Safety.
Educational and professional:
· Experience in an engineering, fitter, mechanical background.
· Min 2 years experience
· 4 GCSEs including Maths and English
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
· Previous experience in plastics factory or similar fast moving production environment
· Previous Mechanical maintenance experience e.g. changing belts, setting pneumatic controls, performing major and minor changeovers, tool changes, machine set ups etc.
Applications now closed