Maximise machine productivity and minimise machine downtime by attending machine breakdowns and maintaining and servicing all production equipment and ancillaries. A hands-on role providing electrical/software/fault finding support within the Engineering team. This involves fault finding in all aspects of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and process problems.
- Identify health and safety risks and ensure that the plant and equipment is maintained in a safe working order and that safe working practices are followed at all times.
- Inform the Engineering Supervisor or the Production Supervisor of any relevant issues in relation to quality, safety and maintenance.
- To work in a professional manner, complying at all times with company policy on safety, hygiene and housekeeping.
- To monitor the performance of the plant and equipment and to carry out adjustments and maintenance to ensure the agreed quality and efficiency standards are achieved.
- To carry out maintenance work on plant and equipment with regards to improving reliability, downtime and machine induced quality problems. This will include all mechanical and electrical work.
- To accurately complete all associated maintenance documentation and submit to the appropriate person.
- Identify/rectify all aspects of machine faults (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic)
- To attend machine breakdowns in a timely manner and in conjunction with Production Supervisor/Production Manager ensure work is prioritised to keep machine down time to a minimum.
- Assist with the installation/implementation of machine improvements and projects.
- Be available for over-time and callouts when required.
- Assist with the development of PPM maintenance systems both electrical and mechanical.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Engineering Supervisor.
Educational and professional:
- A recognised Technical degree or minimum HNC/HND qualification in Engineering, Electrical automation.
- Apprenticeship an advantage but not essential
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
Experience in plastics manufacturing, especially blow moulding will be a distinct advantage
- An understanding of ladder logic and fault diagnostic is essential.
- Working knowledge of operating drive systems and platforms such as Fanuc, Siemens, Okuma Toyoda, PLCs inc Allen Bradley, Siemens 7 Krupp.
- Electrical and mechanical engineering
- Hydraulics, pneumatics an advantage but not essential.
- Preventative maintenance procedures.
- Fault finding techniques
- Proven technical knowledge and troubleshooting approach.
- Ability to use electrical trouble shooting equipment.
- Understanding of modern maintenance techniques, technologies and systems.
- Understanding of CMMS operating systems and development essential
- Quality, Safety and Efficiency focused
- Reliability and thoroughness
- Problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Work under own initiative
- Team Working
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.