Job ref: PP/JUNE21/Drivers
Class 1 & 2 Drivers
1 Job Purpose
- Drives goods vehicles of groups and classes for which he holds a current licence in a safe, lawful and efficient manner.
- Makes such deliveries and collections of goods between specified premises as are consistent with the works schedules laid down by the Company.
2 Key Accountabilities
- Drives goods vehicles in a safe, lawful and efficient manner.
- Carries out daily checks of vehicles and loads which he has charge.
- Takes all possible care to avoid damage to company or customer’s premises and property.
- Secures and protects goods on vehicle with due regard to axle and gross weights and ensuring maximum safety and protection during transit.
- Safeguards, maintains and fosters good customer relations.
- Carries out all duties with strict adherence to the Health & Safety policy of the Company.
3 Health, Safety and Environment
Ensure activities are carried out whilst complying with all measures introduced by the company with respect to Health, Safety and the Environment. In particular to comply with all procedures, safe working methods and practices and agreed rules to protect your own Health and Safety as well as others that may be affected by your actions, or omissions.
Fully support the Health and Safety and Environmental Policy, as laid down in the Company procedures.
4 Additional Comments
The aspects described above are guidelines for general working. You will be expected to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
You will be expected and encouraged to engage in all work activities within your scope in order to support our Customer’s expectations.
General conduct should be in line with your contract of employment, the “Employees Handbook” and support the operations strategy.
In addition the Commercial Drivers Handbook should be complied with regarding the operating procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to Jeanette.firstname.lastname@example.org.