Job ref: OpMgrFLIT
What does this Operations Manager role involve?
Working with a high level of autonomy, the role of the Operations Manager is to assume full responsibility for Operational activities within the site.
The Operations Manager will develop the site team, monitor performance against set KPI’s and deliver improvements in key areas.
What are the day to day responsibilities?
- Responsibility for the Massmould site operations to include:
- Full responsibility for the manufacturing standards and output of the Massmould production site.
- Full responsibility for customer order fulfilment from the Massmould production site. Including reviewing forecasts, orders and ensuring production planning to meet this demand
- Full responsibility for reviewing site workload and resources accordingly to meet demand and to flex to required site production outputs.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality production at the Massmould site is of a high standard, ensuring necessary quality processes and procedures are followed and working with the Quality team as required when complaint and improvement actions are required.
- Responsible for ensuring logistics processes and procedures are followed within the site and working with the Customer Service and Logistics team as required and where improvements are to be implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to and the promotion of Environment, Health and Safety processes and procedures for the Massmould site. Working with the EHSQ team as required.
Responsible for ensuring HR processes and procedures are followed and working with the HR Management team as required.
- Monthly reporting of KPI’s to Operations Director
- Full understanding of the customer, stock and delivery requirements specific to the Factory.
- Identify and Manage Factory Improvement projects for Massmould.
- Identify, with Factory Manager, factory improvement projects, infrastructure/building requirements and other non-technical improvements required for the site and implementing with necessary authorization.
- Leading by example establish a positive attitude towards all aspects of Health & Safety whereby the aim is to create a culture in which safety and environmental responsibility is a key priority.
- Perform a key role in the assessment, implementation, monitoring and training in relation to site Health and Safety policies, procedures and ethos.
- Help to develop sustainability programs and practices which include material, energy and environmental resources to reduce the environmental impact arising from our business activities, products and services.
- In conjunction with the site Quality Staff ensure parts are manufactured to the correct standards
- Working closely with the Quality Manager assist with investigation into Customer Complaints and implement appropriate corrective actions and Quality Improvement Plans
What requirements do I need to apply?
- A degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Extensive knowledge of injection moulding processes, tooling, and industrialisation
- Previous Managerial experience
- Leadership and development of staff in key positions
- Good personal skills and a flexible approach to management
- Experience of working in high volume injection moulding / assembly environment
- A logical and methodical approach with good analytical and practical skills
- IOSH or equivalent Managing Safely
You must have the ability to interact and use IT software packages.
Applications now closed