Production Team Leader
About The Role
The AO Operations team are dedicated to delivering world class recycling services. We operate modern, highly automated recycling plants and we stop at nothing to achieve world class levels of performance.
As a Operations Team Leader you will control a small team of operators to ensure continual operational KPIs are met, and we deliver world class material and service to our customers
We consider ourselves experts in what we do, If you have the desire to become an operational expert in innovative technologies, then we can develop both your management and technical capabilities.
Working pattern – Monday – Friday either 6am – 2:30pm or a 2pm – 10:30pm shift
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Run a team of 5-7 people within a continuous processing line, reacting to abnormality
· Leading the team by ensuring that tools, parts, and materials are available and operational capacity and throughput are maximised.
· Ensuring that all processes on site are adhered to and continuously improved.
· Manage, with support from peers, transportation of goods in and dispatches, and ensure that documentation is accurate and complete.
· Completing risk assessments where necessary to ensure that safe working practices are upheld, and risk is reduced.
· Updating the production data into dedicated data capture/analysis software
· Contributing to problem solving workshops, providing operational expertise to identify root causes of failures and subsequent improvement activity.
· Attending daily operational review meetings, providing updates on operational performance, live defects, and ongoing improvement work.
A Few Things About You
· Strong leadership/engagement experience
· Experience working within a processing, manufacturing, or similar environment.
· Good communication skills
· Ability to think logically and decisively to effectively provide solutions.
· Ability to work on own initiative or part of a team.
· Adheres to the minimum company standard of English language
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like “treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of” because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own “AO Perks” to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 30 days holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To apply for this job please visit www.ao-jobs.com.