Operations Support Coordinator
About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be located at our plastics recycling plant in Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology and is able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK.
The AO Operations team are dedicated to delivering world class recycling services. We operate modern, highly automated recycling plants and we stop at nothing to achieve world class levels of performance.
As a Site Coordinator you will control transportation / procurement delivery schedules, documentation, and support through general administration to help deliver world class material and service to our customers.
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Ensuring that all processes on site are adhered to and continuously improved.
• Coordinate, with support from peers, transportation of goods in and dispatches, and ensure that documentation is accurate and complete.
• Updating the transport data into dedicated data capture/analysis software
• Coordinate procurement ordering and deliveries to support maintenance and operational requirements.
• Attending operational review meetings weekly, providing updates on performance and opportunities for improvement
A Few Things About You
· Strong planning skills
· Experience working within a processing, manufacturing, or similar environment and advantage but not necessary.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to think logically and decisively to effectively provide solutions.
· Ability to work on own initiative or part of a team
· Adheres to the minimum company standard of English language
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like “treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of” because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own “AO Perks” to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To apply for this job please visit www.ao-jobs.com.