We are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environment manager to join our team at Chinley in Derbyshire reporting to the Head of Manufacturing operations.
The individual, a leader of change and a self starter with strong engagement and collaborative skills, able to engage with individuals across the organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- To promote good health, safety, and environmental policies and culture throughout the UK Compounds Business Unit activities.
- To develop and implement a HSE strategy and plans to support. the sites annual business plan and long term strategy.
- To review HSE policies, procedures and guidance in line with best practices and current and future HSE legislative requirements, and to make recommendations on their application and implementation.
- To ensure HSE management systems are maintained in accordance with relevant standards and Orbia guidelines, policies and procedures and through regular review are continuously developed, improved and implemented through consultation and communication with senior managers and other line managers
- To liaise between management and staff on all matters relating to SHE to ensure consistent application and understanding of policies and procedures and to propose, implement and monitor measures necessary to comply with HSE legislation and codes of practice.
- To identify training needs and to provide, or where necessary source, programs to help communicate and implement HSE policies, practice and procedures within the site.
- Establish and maintain systems for measuring and monitoring HSE performance, providing statistical summaries to the Directors, Managers, HSE Steering Group and Site Safety Groups identifying any significant trends and occurrences and ensuring improvement actions are shared throughout the organisation,
- Co-ordinator of the HSE Steering Committee.
- Be the organisations representative in its dealings with external outside bodies
- To continue implementation of the 14001 systems to obtain accreditation.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ENTRY CRITERIA
- NEBOSH/Oxford Brookes Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Graduate or Chartered member of IOSH (Institute of Safety and Health)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in HSE
- Excellent understanding of HSE legislation, industry standards and best practice.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to form strong effective relationships.
- The ability to constructively challenge safety behaviours, management thinking and current procedures and processes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.